Emby not Playing On Families RokuTV Again

Methodman104

Methodman104
2 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  What, exactly, is happening?

I It starts and freezes live tv or it attempts to load an on-demand video and it just circles.

12 hours ago, Methodman104 said:

I It starts and freezes live tv or it attempts to load an on-demand video and it just circles.

The logs you provided don't seem to indicate that.  Can you reproduce the problem and then provide exact details on what was played, what happened and at what time?

Thanks.

Methodman104
5 hours ago, ebr said:

The logs you provided don't seem to indicate that.  Can you reproduce the problem and then provide exact details on what was played, what happened and at what time?

Thanks.

well that's what my family tells me.  What are the log files saying on your end? Here are more recent log files, seems the user attempts to play a livetv channewl and gives up after 2 minutesembyserver (10).txt.

ffmpeg-transcode-f971c932-d597-4bce-8539-a61e24962293_1.txt

Edited by Methodman104

Is it only that one channel?  Exactly what happens on the app end?  What is the content of the channel (what format)?  What is the source of the channel?

Methodman104
18 minutes ago, ebr said:

Is it only that one channel?  Exactly what happens on the app end?  What is the content of the channel (what format)?  What is the source of the channel?

You cant see that from the log file? I have been sharing this 1 M3U file with on emby for two years, nothing is changed on that end.

They load the 1 channel I give them access to, it loads up plays for about a second then freezes and circles and then gives up, this happened last year as well and it was fixed with an update. Ether roku updated something or the latest emby update for roku changed something.

Anything on-demand does not play for them either, it says content not available.

Here is another log file from a few minutes ago. and an ffmpeg file from 12 minutes earlier

embyserver (11).txt ffmpeg-transcode-09330c3c-db21-4da8-862b-07b39733bc19_1.txt

Edited by Methodman104

Methodman104

Also on my Roku TV I tested it on a throwaway user name, and it does not play, it loads on-demand content but its a blank screen, no audio and for some reason it says I need to upgrade to Emby premiere to watch LiveTV which it never used to do before.

I included the log files for Roku TV on my own network for these log files. The previous note is the log files for my families RokuTV. 

For some reason it is not working with RokuTV now.

embyserver (12).txt ffmpeg-transcode-ace6f509-c130-47af-8838-2766575e7184_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-6911c76f-7394-40f7-9fa3-033004b699f9_1.txt

Can you try lowering the in app quality setting and see how things compare? Thanks.

Methodman104
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Can you try lowering the in app quality setting and see how things compare? Thanks.

It is on "Auto", what do you want me to set it to?

15 hours ago, Methodman104 said:

Do you mean send the log from the RokuTV emby app it is installed on?

Yes.  There are specific instructions in the article I linked.

Thanks.

Methodman104
6 hours ago, ebr said:

Yes.  There are specific instructions in the article I linked.

Thanks.

Okay, I had my family send the debug log from their Emby app on their RokuTV. it was sent a few minutes ago...if you need their screen name I can privately send it to you. But that log file was send about 10 minutes ago.

@Luke  @ebr I currently have 2 rokus doing exactly the same thing as @Methodman104described. We have a few newer rokus that seems to work just fine, but 1 older roku and a roku tv that just have a spinning wheel and content never plays. 

Additionally, when they try to play something, in the dashboard it looks like the user is playing the media, but it never actually starts playing for them and the card just sits there in the dashboard until I restart the server. The stop button wont stop it, and even when it says it has played the full file it just stays stuck there in the dashboard.

I have log files from one of the incidents which I would be happy to PM to one of you. Just let me know if they are needed.

17 hours ago, Methodman104 said:

Okay, I had my family send the debug log from their Emby app on their RokuTV. it was sent a few minutes ago...if you need their screen name I can privately send it to you. But that log file was send about 10 minutes ago.

Can I please see the server log that corresponds to that app log?

From looking at the app log, their connection to your server appears to be very slow and many things are timing out.  That is the root of the problem I'm pretty sure.

Thanks.

18 minutes ago, lukeoslavia said:

@Luke  @ebr I currently have 2 rokus doing exactly the same thing as @Methodman104described. We have a few newer rokus that seems to work just fine, but 1 older roku and a roku tv that just have a spinning wheel and content never plays. 

Additionally, when they try to play something, in the dashboard it looks like the user is playing the media, but it never actually starts playing for them and the card just sits there in the dashboard until I restart the server. The stop button wont stop it, and even when it says it has played the full file it just stays stuck there in the dashboard.

I have log files from one of the incidents which I would be happy to PM to one of you. Just let me know if they are needed.

Can you please reproduce the problem and then follow the instructions to send a log from the app?

Methodman104
12 hours ago, ebr said:

Can I please see the server log that corresponds to that app log?

From looking at the app log, their connection to your server appears to be very slow and many things are timing out.  That is the root of the problem I'm pretty sure.

Thanks.

Are you referring to "my end" of the log my family sent to you yesterday?

Edited by Methodman104

11 hours ago, Methodman104 said:

Are you referring to "my end" of the log my family sent to you yesterday?

Yes, the server log from the same time as that app log.  Thanks.

But it does look like their connection to your server was very slow at the time.  Many queries were timing out and our bitrate test came back at less than 1Mb.

Methodman104
On 7/4/2023 at 7:11 AM, ebr said:

Yes, the server log from the same time as that app log.  Thanks.

But it does look like their connection to your server was very slow at the time.  Many queries were timing out and our bitrate test came back at less than 1Mb.

All their other apps (such as plutotv and roku channel) play fine though, it is just emby giving them issues. Can I PM you the logs?

41 minutes ago, Methodman104 said:

All their other apps (such as plutotv and roku channel) play fine though

None of those are accessing your server.

41 minutes ago, Methodman104 said:

Can I PM you the logs?

Yes.  Thanks.

• Thanks 1

Methodman104
25 minutes ago, ebr said:

None of those are accessing your server.

Yes.  Thanks.

Sent, and Thank YOU! Hopefully this can get resolved and the files help.

On your server end, it looks like you've got an incompatible version of the VirtualTV plug-in installed - or at least one with some issues as it is throwing errors that look like the wrong server version for it.

On the app end, it was the extremely slow connection that was causing the issue at that time I'm sure.  it is possible the two are related but can't be sure.

• Thanks 1