Identify if items or resources are not available during library scan

BiTeTHeBiGG
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

BiTeTHeBiGG

Hi, I searched for a couple of wording but did not find any related results. Please apologise if still a duplicate.

I am experiencing some network issues at home after moving to a new place. The network installation is unstable (10GBE) and repeatadly the network connection is failing. The switch show a 10Mbit connection but nothing is working. Then after unplugging and plugging again in the cables to wall mount I get again a connection.

In the few last days I had this issue more then once and  if Emby will do a scan while the connection is not working, it will delete / remove all records and then readd them again on the next working library scan.

Here my feature request: Can you please implement a function that recognise the whole network (or local) resource is not available and cause of this just skip and not remove all entries? It should only delete / remove items when resource IS available but files does not.

What do you think?

I have now  a really mess in my database as almost the half of my collection is not scanned and a simple rescan for missing data is not working, so I have to single identify all ghost entries. this is really a pita.

Thank you for thinking about it and best regards

BiTeTHeBiGG

• Solution

Hi, there's already an open request for this or something functionally equivalent. Please join in and contribute to the existing discussion at: