Dolby Vision

PapaMok
Go to solution Solved by samuelqwe,

PapaMok

Hi @rbjtech

Is there a way to remove the DV layer (to keep only the HDR10) ?
And with an HDR10+ file, is there a way to have only HDR10 ?

Edited by PapaMok

rbjtech
1 hour ago, gstar3 said:

Hi, I have started to use infuse, before that MrMC on Apple TV 4K. 

But it does not really matter about the player, my question was not related to playback.

My question is about when the emby server scans the video file, it does not seem to recognize the DV layer. Plex does recognize it. 
So the database description about the file is correct in plex and not correct in emby. It must be related to the scanning done with ffmpeg. Is this fixed in 4.8 beta, or it should also work in 4.7 versions? DV layer has been around for quite a long time. 

Right - with you.

Only the current Beta recognises Dolby Vision and updates the database accordingly (items need a metadata refresh).

However, while the DV 'profile' is stored (DV5, DV7 or DV8) the clients currently only display 'Dolby Vision'.  This may only be Beta versions as well - not 100% sure for anything Apple - I only use Android Platforms.

I have requested they display the full info - ie 'DV + HDR10' (in the case of DV7/8) or 'DV Only' (in the case of DV5) as just displaying 'Dolby Vision' is potentially confusing for the user. 

• Like 1

rbjtech
1 hour ago, PapaMok said:

Hi @rbjtech

Is there a way to remove the DV layer (to keep only the HDR10) ?
And with an HDR10+ file, is there a way to have only HDR10 ?

Yes but there is no real benefit in doing that.

A DV7 and DV8 will fallback to HDR10 anyway (use the Base Layer - BL) the DV track will just be ignored.

For DV5 - this needs full colour mapping to get back to HDR10 - better to just use the HDR source to start with.

DV5 or DV7 can be combined with HDR10 source to get a DV8 profile.

Look for 'Dovi_scripts + Tools' on the makemkv forums.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Satanasss
On 6/18/2023 at 5:04 PM, PapaMok said:

Bonjour à toutes et tous !

Hier j'ai téléchargé une série en 4K Dolby Vision, mais impossible de lire les fichiers. Quand j'appuie sur "Lecture", ça essaye de lire pendant 2-3 secondes puis ça revient sur Emby, et je suis obligé de relancer le server.
J'utilise Emby sur Shield TV Pro (2019), branchée sur barre de son Yamaha YSP-2700, branchée elle à ma TV Samsung 4K UE55NU7172.
Autre information, mon server Emby est à jour à la version 4.8.0.39
D'où pourrait venir ce problème de lecture ? Emby ? La Shield ? Ma barre de son ?

Merci d'avance pour vos retours.

PapaMok

Tu devrais dans un premier temps brancher la Shield direct au TV, le temps de trouver une solution.

A la lecture de ton com "ça essaie de lire etc.", on dirait que ton serveur essaie de transcoder la vidéo, donc de regarder tes réglages coté serveur et application Emby, ensuite ça devrait aller beaucoup mieux.

Satanasss
On 6/18/2023 at 7:57 PM, PapaMok said:

Bon, première information, ça ne vient pas de la Shield.
J'ai essayé de lire le fichier avec Kodi, et ça fonctionne.
On dirait que c'est un problème avec Emby du coup..

Kodi n'est pas susceptible d'avoir un serveur qui transcode, il lit directement, donc j'en reviens à la même conclusion, tes réglages !

PapaMok
9 hours ago, Satanasss said:

Kodi n'est pas susceptible d'avoir un serveur qui transcode, il lit directement, donc j'en reviens à la même conclusion, tes réglages !

Merci pour ta réponse !
Alors premièrement, depuis, j'ai réessayé de lire plusieurs films, et ça fonctionne bien, en lecture directe, va savoir pourquoi ça ne fonctionnait pas avant..
Sinon, au pire j'ai quand même réussi à retirer le DV avec Handbrake.. donc si ça me refait le problème, je fais ça.
Et pour finir, je veux bien regarder les réglages, mais lesquels exactement ??