Parental Tag Restriction Mode is Stuck

nweishar
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

nweishar

I have a persistent issue when I try to set up my kids accounts using parental controls. I like to select having "Either" the parental rating or the tag as allowing the content to flow through. Every time I select "Either", hit save, migrate away from the user and then come back, it has defaulted back to "Both".

This makes the server unusable for any younger people in my group. How can I update them permanently so that either the parental rating matches or the tag? 

I'm running 4.7.13 on a Synology Docker deployment. This issue was persistent with the last release also but I didn't have time to raise it unfortunately. Please let me know if you have any other questions I can help clarify. Thx for your help!

Screenshot 2023-06-15 072649.jpg

nweishar
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, can you try configuring this with our hosted web app

http://app.Emby.media

and let us know how that compares. Thanks.

Thanks Luke! I really appreciate the fast reply.

I just tried the resolution via the app as you mentioned. Unfortunately I'm getting the same behavior. I changed the setting to "either" and click save, it appears to save properly. But then when I navigate away from the page and come back it shows "both" again.

Happy to grab any logs or anything else you need. Thanks so much for the help. I know seems like such a small feature but it makes the automation and oversight of my center possible with a diverse family. Thx again!

• Solution

Right ok, sorry, the option you're trying to select is only for the upcoming 4.8 server release. It should be hidden in 4.7, so if we do another 4.7 maintenance release we'll make sure it's not visible anymore. Thanks.

nweishar
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Right ok, sorry, the option you're trying to select is only for the upcoming 4.8 server release. It should be hidden in 4.7, so if we do another 4.7 maintenance release we'll make sure it's not visible anymore. Thanks.

Thanks. Can't wait for 4.8 now! Cheers

• Thanks 1