Emby don't show Forced subtitles

Przemek

pwhodges
2 hours ago, ebr said:

I imagine forced subs are by far the most common ones used.

I would imagine not so, actually. 

Consider - some people use SDH subtitles for films in their own language, and some are commonly using complete translations of films in other languages. 

The combination of a film being in your native language, the user not requiring SDH subs, but there being foreign-language signs to translate (plus the distributor bothering with them anyway) might be comparatively rare.

Paul

Edited by pwhodges

No data but, for the English-speaking world, I'm pretty sure my statement is accurate.  Most people don't use subtitles - unless the item they are watching has some foreign dialog in which case, they only use the forced ones.

This is why our "Smart" selection will turn those on if they exist.

• Confused 1

pwhodges

As you get older, and the people you know get older, you may find that the statement "most people don't use subtitles" becomes less obvious...

Paul

• Like 1

BoomerGamer62

A suggested work-around for this is to extract the subtitles and then choose that file when you playback your video.  A good tool for this is ccextractor.  Really fast, and has GUI and CLI options so you can put this in your post-processing bat file if you choose.

Website is https://ccextractor.org

• 3 months later...
On 6/15/2023 at 11:11 AM, pwhodges said:

I would imagine not so, actually. 

Consider - some people use SDH subtitles for films in their own language, and some are commonly using complete translations of films in other languages. 

The combination of a film being in your native language, the user not requiring SDH subs, but there being foreign-language signs to translate (plus the distributor bothering with them anyway) might be comparatively rare.

Paul

@pwhodges

HI, the hearing impaired status for subtitles, both internal and external will be supported in Emby Server 4.8:

image.png

Thanks.