Issues with IPTV

GreatFlashMan

GreatFlashMan

ok, following on from this Live TV Freezing, I decided to see if NextPVR would work better than adding HDHomerun directly to Emby.

And, it does, all channels (freeview) play, and there is not stuttering except at the start of playback.

So, This is an option for other to try (as you only get 5 channels without paying a small sum) if you are having issues. As said, I am using HDHomerun Quad btw. (will test Hauppauge later).

I also added IPTV using Xtreme codes. Plays perfect on Shield etc, but in the Web Browser - many of the channels refuse to play (similar to the issues with the Android TV multiplatform app).

Does anyone know of a way to fix these channels on the web client?

ps. Also, I cannot get the IPTV Guide info to appear, only the freeview channels?

Edited by GreatFlashMan

GreatFlashMan

forgot to add these, this is what it does when attempting to play,

image.thumb.png.b426161dcc93710139ba54a4f51aba3f.png

and when exiting back to the web view, it messes all the colours up. (cured with f5)

image.thumb.png.ec7824a005ff2a095762f2a3e661a3ec.png

GreatFlashMan

The original issue that led to this is here

As for IPTV, I am not really bothered that some do not play with the Web app. I know that some IPTV channels use non standard encoding, though I would have hoped the Emby server would have caught these and transcoded them (NextPVR can transcode - though it's far from perfect), but there is not transcode option via NextPVR in Emby settings unlike there is for HDHomerun native.

emveepee

To clarify are they any issues with NextPVR that we need to look at?  NextPVR's one size fit all encoding is certainly not as powerful Emby's but often NextPVR is used with direct play clients.  If any of the direct play clients for NextPVR don't work I would be interested in hearing more.

GreatFlashMan
2 hours ago, emveepee said:

To clarify are they any issues with NextPVR that we need to look at?  NextPVR's one size fit all encoding is certainly not as powerful Emby's but often NextPVR is used with direct play clients.  If any of the direct play clients for NextPVR don't work I would be interested in hearing more.

I am not sure.

with this turned on, many channels refuse to play in Emby,, all though, in NextPVR, they work fine.

with it off, all channels play in Emby om the Nvidia Shield (but many don't play on the web api/android phone app), but in NextPVR i get a "Streaming Failed (transcoder exited)" unless set to CPU.

Now, the error may be my hardware (and will be able to confirm later), my Nad9 mini pc died (quicksync) so now using a pc (NVIDIA) as a backup. I will test that part again when the replacement arrives.

image.png.fa3f84853ca7dd30d866cd758eec04fc.png

Edited by GreatFlashMan

emveepee

That setting  is only used in the NextPVR web player and not used with Emby so there is an Emby problem.  The Emby problem might also be related to h/w transcoding.   If you do need any help with NextPVR use the NextPVR forum.

GreatFlashMan
57 minutes ago, emveepee said:

That setting  is only used in the NextPVR web player and not used with Emby so there is an Emby problem.  The Emby problem might also be related to h/w transcoding.   If you do need any help with NextPVR use the NextPVR forum.

Emby has no setting for Transcoding when NextPVR is set as an input source. but, it is affecting Emby when set in NextPVR settings for some reason. Emby is always flaky (from my experience and the others that have spoken) in Web api and in the normal Android TV app with live tv playback, not just from iptv sources, even on some live channels.

The transode error in NextPVR may well be a non-issue. But will see in a couple of weeks when the RMA unit is returned.

emveepee

It is possible that the source stream requires transcoding for the NextPVR web player which is why I asked how it works on direct play NextPVR clients.  Emby might not like the source stream either.

The nvidia transcode question is for the NextPVR forum,  I didn't say it was a non-issue.

Martin

GreatFlashMan
11 hours ago, emveepee said:

It is possible that the source stream requires transcoding for the NextPVR web player which is why I asked how it works on direct play NextPVR clients.  Emby might not like the source stream either.

The nvidia transcode question is for the NextPVR forum,  I didn't say it was a non-issue.

Martin

the "Nvidia Transcode" I will re-check before making a post in the forum about it, just got to wait for the media pc to be returned. Don't want to make a fuss about nothing.

Either way, Next PVR (if it stop transcodes) plays every channel i have tried perfectly. The problem is when this content is passed to Emby and Emby takes it over. Then lots won't play at all. This is an issue with TV playback in Emby solely and something I am SO SO hoping will be fixed after all these years.

• 4 weeks later...
lmcp97

I'm going to tag onto this thread as I have a similar issue where I have NextPVR set up as my main source and for some reason in Emby the recording wasn't working 100% as it would just record 5 mins or 15 mins of a show, (yes I went through all the troubleshooting for this) which gets very annoying during the premier league season as the games are on between 1 am and 4 am for me being in New Zealand. 

Anyhow, I've only done the channels in question for the logs, they did work perfectly fine a couple of weeks ago, I've made no changes to my setup, then suddenly the channels from one TV station provider here in NZ (TVNZ) all of their channels through Emby only the video freezes every 5 seconds while the audio continues, this then leaves the audio out of sync.

Logs and video attached.

ffmpeg-directstream-7509af0b-29b2-4766-8926-e1db5fb12ded_1.txt ffmpeg-directstream-f49371dc-f1af-4685-b9f1-3dae2e50f8a9_1.txt ffmpeg-directstream-336489a4-1053-4a9a-a03f-599a52bf1822_1.txt ffmpeg-remux-5f0d94fd-bcbc-432d-b71d-eb3001742f17_1.txt ffmpeg-directstream-fc1e13e0-9b3d-4ae3-9bf3-c93208a86d8f_1.txt embyserver.txt

emveepee

You need to first indicate if it is a NextPVR IPTV problem or Emby.

- Do recordings work directly in NextPVR?

- If you setup the stations as IPTV in Emby do they work?

Martin

Edited by emveepee