Volume booster/amplifier

jglazer63

jglazer63

I watch a lot of Emby on my android phone in rather loud places.  Is there any way we can add an option to boost/amplify the volume?  I listen on a bluetooth earpiece (not headphones) and I have to think others would find this useful.

• Like 1

Hi. Can't you turn the volume up on the device?  Attempting to boost beyond that would undoubtedly  cause distortion. 

jglazer63

Yes I know where the volume control is :).   There are many volume boosters out there that are ad driven and mostly don't work with emby.  They expect a music player.  As for distortion, let us be the judge of that :).  Some of these shows are so low volume that even moderate background noise makes it hard to hear.   Not much volume on a bluetooth device.

• 3 weeks later...
Mookdog
On 6/13/2023 at 6:09 PM, Luke said:

Hi, what do you mean by "they expect a music player'?

The apps only amplify through a music player built into the app

I have a volume booster app thats work but only for a couple hours. Would be nice to have one built into emby. I know its possible to do bc other streaming apps I have used has volume boost so I dont understand why it would be so complicated to implement in emby.

Mook

Edited by Mookdog
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Mookdog said:

The apps only amplify through a music player built into the app

I have a volume booster app thats work but only for a couple hours. Would be nice to have one built into emby. I know its possible to do bc other streaming apps I have used has volume boost so I dont understand why it would be so complicated to implement in emby.

Mook

Nobody said that it's complicated. Thanks.

Mookdog
36 minutes ago, Luke said:

Nobody said that it's complicated. Thanks.

Im not being smart I am just saying. Trust me I appreciate all the work u guys do behind the scenes especially u @LukeI am just saying it has been brought up before. Keep fighting the good fight brother trust me I think u guys are exceptional with what u do.

Mook

Edited by Mookdog
edit