ATSC 3 Guide Data Update Request for 65737 OTA

justpushplay
Go to solution Solved by justpushplay,

justpushplay

Hi all,

I just installed my HDHomerun Flex 4k tuner, and the HD app immediately found the ATSC 3 stations, as did Emby. Painless and quick. Nice job! I do need the guide data for the new channels, and also guide data for some of the ATSC 1 stations. Here's the list of needed updates:

65737 OTA Guide

ATSC 1.0 Stations

24.1 KYCW

49.1-KRBK

49.2-Ant-TV

49.3-Dabl

49.4-ION

ATSC 3 Stations

103.1-KYTV

110.1-KOLR

127.1-KOZL-HD

133.1-KSPR

149.1-KRBK-HD

With the exception of the guide data, everything seems to be working as it should. it does take longer to buffer when changing channels, I'm guessing it's gulping more buffer data because of the higher bitrates.

@Carlo

Thanx!

All the best,

Michael Spence

Have you checked your current guide to see if they have the additional channels listed?

Make sure that guide (if channels present) is setup to be used by all HDHRs you have.

Carlo

Looking at your lineup subtract 100 and map to that channel.

103.1-KYTV
map 3.1 KYTVDT  - NBC

110.1-KOLR
map 10.1 KOLRDT - CBS

127.1-KOZL-HD
map 27.1 KOZLDT - MNT

133.1-KSPR
map 33.1  KSPRLD - ABC 

149.1-KRBK-HD

KRBK ddoesn't show in your OTA lineup but looking here:
https://www.stationindex.com/tv/callsign/KRBK

It's 49.1 KRBK/Fox out of Osage Beach.  So add 1 EPG source for Osage but don't enable it for any tuners.  Instead manually map this one channel by picking the Osage lineup and channel from the metadata edit for the channel.

Carlo

justpushplay

Hi Carlo,

Thanks for the fix, The ATSC 3 channels now have guide data, with the exception of KRBK. I'm not clear on how I should access the schedule metadata for KRBK.

Where can I find that? They have a very limited guide on their website. 

justpushplay

Hi Carlo,

Thanks for the fix, The ATSC 3 channels now have guide data, with the exception of KRBK. I'm not clear on how I should access the schedule metadata for KRBK.

Where can I find that? They have a very limited guide on their website. 

justpushplay

Hi A again Carlo, @Carlo

I may have misunderstood how to get guide data for KRBK-HD. The other ATSC 3 channels guide data is working, as per your instructions. Thank you, BTW . But I don't know where to find data for the KRBK ATSC 1 channels. I also need guide date for ATSC 1 KYCW 24.1 The CW and KYCW 33.6 Telemundo. There's some weird channel mapping in my DMA!

So I need to know where to find guide data for:

KYCW 33.6 TLMDO (Telemundo)

KRBK-HD 49.1 Fox

KRBK 49.2 Ant-TV

KRBK 49.3 Dabl

KRBK 49.4 ION

I have noticed the Silicon Dust HDHomerun guide data has the KRBK-HD ATSC 1 guide data for 49.1 and all the subsequent subchannels. Is there any way to scrape that guide data for Emby?

EDIT: Updated to exclude the CW on 24.1

Screen Shot 2023-06-12 at 12.51.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-12 at 12.52.11 PM.png

So I need to know where to find guide data for:

KYCW 33.6 TLMDO (Telemundo)
KRBK-HD 49.1 Fox
KRBK 49.2 Ant-TV
KRBK 49.3 Dabl
KRBK 49.4 ION

With OTA (over the air) your lineup won't always match exactly. You may need to load up 2 or 3 Guides to get the channels correct. You may be farther from a tower than they normally provide listings for but you still get the channels.  You may live in the middle of 2 or 3 different broadcast towers, etc...

Sometimes you may see ION on 56.3 (made up) but your listing is 49.4. Just choose the proper channel by call sign and not worry about the channel number as it will still be the same guide info.

ATSC 3 typically will be 100 higher which makes it easy to find!

You of course do the channel mapping like shown in this KB article:
https://emby.media/support/articles/Live-TV-Channel-Mapping.html

Carlo

• Solution
justpushplay

Hi Carlo,

Thanks for the info, everything is now properly mapped by cherry picking guide data off the local cable guide. Now all of my OTA channels have guide data. Thank You!!

Michael