iOS 2.2.8 Live TV not working with Emby 4.8.13

learnbyflying
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

peter2020

Same here. iOS App Version 2.2.9 and server Version 4.7.13.0.

LiveTV still the spinning circle, tuner starts and play stream, but Emby is not showing the stream.

I can also try to catch log files later when at home.

mariadelmar
15 hours ago, peter2020 said:

Same here. iOS App Version 2.2.9 and server Version 4.7.13.0.

LiveTV still the spinning circle, tuner starts and play stream, but Emby is not showing the stream.

I can also try to catch log files later when at home.

I have the same problem as you, iOS App Version 2.2.9 and server version 4.7.13.0.

In case it has anything to do with it, which I think it does, I have iOS 16.5.1 installed on my iPhone.

PS: I forgot to point out that on an Android phone, it works fine.

Edited by mariadelmar

learnbyflying

Just as a data point, iOS 15.7.7 (Original air 2) and iOS 16.5.1 are not working with live TV. Neither are pulling a tuner. 

I can grab logs if needed if the above it not enough. 

2 hours ago, learnbyflying said:

Just as a data point, iOS 15.7.7 (Original air 2) and iOS 16.5.1 are not working with live TV. Neither are pulling a tuner. 

I can grab logs if needed if the above it not enough. 

Hi, yes that would be helpful. Thanks.

learnbyflying

@LukeLogs are attached, I turned debug mode on. 

I have three iOS device, iPad 9 (iOS 16.5.1, Emby 2.2.9), iPhone 14 Pro (iOS 16.5.1, Emby 2.2.9) and an iPad Air 2 (iOS 15.7.7, Emby 2.2.9) and I tried three different TV channels from each device. 

From the iPad 9 I tried WEATHHD 1102 (HDHR source), iPhone I tried FBNHD (MU3 from Channels DVR), and then the iPad Air 2 NGCHD 6070. Each time I just get the spinning wheel and the content fails to load. I was also watching the Server Manager screen and I don't see "X user is watching Y content". 

I then used my laptop and was able to successfully launch all three channels from the web player and the server manager sees me watching the content. 

I've attached all logs since the restart and ending emby server log from the previous restart so that I could provide clean logs. 

Recordings are not affected, I've tried accessing TV from a VPN IP and nothing changes the behavior. 

Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide. 

IMG_1474.PNG

IMG_0002.PNG

IMG_0005.PNG

embyserver.txt embyserver-63823631707.txt ffmpeg-directstream-3240ea85-717c-4ecf-8e74-28c7ac72c351_1.txt ffmpeg-directstream-36346d51-7a0b-425c-a86d-fdce97915400_1.txt ffmpeg-remux-166d7c6b-9c34-4fd5-a815-9183e99ac997_1.txt hardware_detection-63823631725.txt

alfalfa6945

Just to add in to the IOS version conversation, 15.7.6 has the same issue everyone is talking about - live tv is not working on the app (v2.2.9)

cassete

Olá. Estou querendo saber como eu configuro meu receptor digital Sky ao emby live TV. Alguém pode me ajudar por favor. Brazil.

Edited by cassete

sfatula

IOS 2.2.9 and emby server 4.7.13 is not working for me either.

Edited by sfatula

PrincessClevage

I have same issue, tried two iPhone and one ipad all can not play live tv but can cast live tv to other devices. I also tried safari on these iOS devices and it also could not play livetv

• Solution

Hi, we've submitted an update to the apple store to resolve this. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

peter2020
2 hours ago, Luke said:

@Luke

i can confirm. With 2.2.10 live tv is working again with iOS. 
thanks a lot for fixing 

• Thanks 1

Spaceboy

yep working here too. and is this the first release with rotating video? thats a great addition

26 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

yep working here too. and is this the first release with rotating video? thats a great addition

Yes but it doesn’t have the new option yet to control the behavior.

Anielarias
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Yes but it doesn’t have the new option yet to control the behavior.

i have noticed in the past where it would auto rotate (which i personally dont like). so please do add an option to enable or disable this behavior.

learnbyflying
5 hours ago, Luke said:

Can confirm this is working as intended again, excellent work! TV is playing both from HDHR and from m3u sources, tuners are releasing as normal.