iOS 2.2.8 Live TV not working with Emby 4.8.13

learnbyflying
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

learnbyflying

Seems to be limited to live tv only as media hosted in TV Shows and Movies are working correctly. 

I am seeing an improvement in live tv viewing going from TV Everywhere -> Channels DVR -> M3u -> Emby. 

• Agree 1

Fixodent66

Same here. Tried app uninstall/reinstall, emby server restart, server beta, nothing working with live tv, only a spinning wheel. Not tuner as works fine with other systems, Apple TV and Amazon fire tv just iOS app not working. Plus it will lock tuner until I restart emby restart 

learnbyflying

Did some further testing and it's both M3U channels and traditional Cable from and HDHomeRun. As @Fixodent66it will lock the tuner on the HDHomeRun unless Emby is restarted. 

Watching the channel from the web player doesn't release the channel as the server thinks the iOS client is still watching. 

Watching on an iPad via browser works as designed. 

Edited by learnbyflying

simono5

Just came here to report same issue since the iOS app upgrade to fix the app not starting bug. 

Everything other than Live TV seems to work. 

iOS iPad Air 12.5.7

Emby app 2.2.8

Emby 4.7.13.0

learnbyflying

Hi @Luke

I entered debug mode and logs are attached. Only attempting to view from iOS was performed during these logs. 

I attempted to watch the weather channel which is coming from an HDHomerun Prime on channel 1102. Please let me know if non anonymized logs and I can PM those to you. 

Thanks,

Tom

hardware_detection-63821800591.txt embyserver.txt embyserver-63821800565.txt

penalte23

Hello IOS emby update 2.2.8 broke the video playback in LIVE TV. and it locks the tunner so no one can use it.

Fixodent66

I’m wondering if anyone on the Emby team is looking into to this matter as live TV is very important on my phone

igutiez

Same here.
It live tv doesnt work on IOS, either ipad(2.2.8)  than iphone (2.2.8)
Emby server Version 4.7.13.0
I have tried on windows, chrome, android, tv app and in every client live tv works except IOS.

peter2020

Hi 

same problem here.

also a downgrade back to 4.7.10 didn't solved the issue. All time before everything went perfect.

please fix.

thank you 

alm7878

Same here.  It appears to be associated with IOS 2.2.8.  I started having issues after the 2.2.8 upgrade with the server running 4.7.12.  I upgraded the server to 4.7.13 hoping it was a server/client mismatch, but no change.  I am experiencing the same symptoms as stated above.  A hotfix would be greatly appreciated. 

PaulW08

I had an iPad on 2.2.7 and confirmed live tv works fine. iPhone on 2.2.8, does not work at all for live tv.

Hi, this should be resolved in the next update to the Emby iOS app. Thanks.

miangacu
10 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, this should be resolved in the next update to the Emby iOS app. Thanks.

Thanks for your work!!

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, PaulW08 said:

@Luke, Unsure if it was supposed to fix this issue or not, but it looks like 2.2.9 in TestFlight still has the same issue.

What exactly happens?

PaulW08
2 hours ago, Luke said:

What exactly happens?

So it kind of just sits there and spins and nothing happens. It never starts playing. 

I think these are some logs from a session that doesn't work.

I will say I can get it to work from a browser sometimes, but it has to be transcoding. If it's trying a direct play from a browser it doesn't work.

Emby.rtf

Edited by PaulW08

2 hours ago, PaulW08 said:

So it kind of just sits there and spins and nothing happens. It never starts playing. 

I think these are some logs from a session that doesn't work.

I will say I can get it to work from a browser sometimes, but it has to be transcoding. If it's trying a direct play from a browser it doesn't work.

Emby.rtf 12.47 kB · 1 download

Can you please attach the log file in it's original plain text format? Thanks.

Fixodent66

Yes exact same problem is still present with ios 2.2.9. Not sure if stills locks the tuner as I will have to check this once I get home from work. But as far as spinning wheel with live tv, still does not work

• Agree 1