tvOS 17 - DV Profile 8 support

horstepipe

horstepipe

Apple announced supporting dv profile 8.1 support for tvos 17.

I‘m wondering whether this means that emby with mpv player will support it in the future, too?

best regards 

• 5 weeks later...
yaqushi

Just made the mistake of upgrading to TVOS17 on my Apple TV - seems like emby is not working yet on that? Using emby beta docker server with Premiere subscription. Is there a emby beta client which works on Apple TV 17 yet? (to clarify what doesnt work: upon clicking on any of the libraries, nothing happens) 

Edited by yaqushi

ALD76

It was working for me until the tvOS beta 3 update broke it. Non of the beta clients work so Infuse is the only option at the moment.

10 hours ago, yaqushi said:

Just made the mistake of upgrading to TVOS17 on my Apple TV - seems like emby is not working yet on that? Using emby beta docker server with Premiere subscription. Is there a emby beta client which works on Apple TV 17 yet? (to clarify what doesnt work: upon clicking on any of the libraries, nothing happens) 

What exactly is the problem?

yaqushi

Using TVOS17 client app, upon clicking on any item (library folder, last watched item, etc, nothing happens, just unresponsive. Might be as ALD76 said above that its only since TVOS17 beta 3, I havent tried TVO17 beta 2. 

LaurentD
9 hours ago, yaqushi said:

Using TVOS17 client app, upon clicking on any item (library folder, last watched item, etc, nothing happens, just unresponsive. Might be as ALD76 said above that its only since TVOS17 beta 3, I havent tried TVO17 beta 2. 

Same here, only since TVOS17 B3. 
I can only play a file that is in the recent list by using the play button when selecting the movie. The « ok » button is unresponsive.

Edited by LaurentD
Adding info

LaurentD
On 7/8/2023 at 4:28 AM, yaqushi said:

Fixed with last tvos update 👍

• Thanks 1