How to solve the prompt "Too many errors.Giving up." on the TV

noistr

Dwarf

Sorry to bump this topic but i have the exact same problem.

Emby Android TV app (latest stable) on a Google TV device (latest update) with W10 Emby server 4.8.3.0

This is also the case for my Sony Bravia TV with Android TV Emby app (latest)

The strange thing is that on my android phone Emby version 3.3.77 everything plays great.

I have tried deleting the transcode files but no joy. What to do?

7 hours ago, Dwarf said:

Sorry to bump this topic but i have the exact same problem.

Emby Android TV app (latest stable) on a Google TV device (latest update) with W10 Emby server 4.8.3.0

This is also the case for my Sony Bravia TV with Android TV Emby app (latest)

The strange thing is that on my android phone Emby version 3.3.77 everything plays great.

I have tried deleting the transcode files but no joy. What to do?

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

Dwarf

I do not know what happened but its working again. I did 2 things;

1. Restarted my dedicated Emby server PC

2. Started Debug option and then tried to play which worked. Turned Debug off and then it still played.

Hi.  It could have been a temporary issue on your server or network.  Thanks for reporting back.

• Agree 1

Dwarf

Unfortunately it happened again. I send logs through android tv debug option.

Requested info;

16:22 Eastern Time

Started with playback of 3 body problem. Then i tried Station 19. Then Snack Shack

Looking forward to finding out what it is. Thanks

Something is wrong with the audio track.  There also should be a few ffmpeg logs.  Can I please see those?

2 hours ago, Dwarf said:

Do you mean from the server?

yes.

Dwarf

Its been working ok for the past few days. I did not do anything. Unfortunately the earliest ffmpeg server logs i see are from 3 april and the problem occurred on the 2nd so we have to wait i guess but hopefully things run smoothly now.

• Thanks 1

Dwarf

The player is timing out trying to read the content from your server.  It retries multiple times with the same error.

I would be sure that the content location is accessible.

Dwarf

Thanks, i have a dedicated Emby & Plex server running on the same machine. When i try to play a movie and Emby app shows this error, i switch to Plex app and then the movie plays perfectly. This is how i know the content is accessible. Please advice

Dwarf

Will try asap. In addition i can confirm Emby app works fine on my android phone. I can also confirm Emby app plays content on LG.

What is strange though is that Emby App on Android TV plays DVD files and MKV's made from original DVD's perfect.

However, as soon as it is other containers it fails with the message.

Will get back to you asap regarding the sideload

Dwarf

Is it better to first remove the current Emby app and then sideload so there are no 2 Emby apps on the device?

1 hour ago, Dwarf said:

Is it better to first remove the current Emby app and then sideload so there are no 2 Emby apps on the device?

You can but you don't have to.

• 2 weeks later...

I removed the Android TV app and sideloaded the standard android app (Arm7). I can confirm there are NO issues on the Google TV Chromecast with the standard app.

Please advice.

19 hours ago, Dwarf said:

I removed the Android TV app and sideloaded the standard android app (Arm7). I can confirm there are NO issues on the Google TV Chromecast with the standard app.

Please advice.

Hi, are you happy continuing to use the standard Emby Android app?

2 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, are you happy continuing to use the standard Emby Android app?

No because i paid for Emby and the Android TV app was working perfectly. Let me know what i can do from my end so your team can solve the issue.

I also noticed that when i chose a subtitle f.e Dutch, it would not show and if i picked f.e. Danish it would show the Dutch subtitle.