How to solve the prompt "Too many errors.Giving up." on the TV

noistr

noistr

My friend remotely accesses my emby server through Android TV. When playing the movies of the Human Clearance Project series, it will prompt "Too many errors.Giving up." Then all other movies can't be seen. After exiting and re-entering emby, you can watch other movies, but once you play the movies of the Human Clearance Project series There will be that error message. I observed that when my friend played these videos, the system disk usage of my server would become 100% for a while. In addition, these films are all 4K Blu-ray, of which the 2nd and 4th are 4K Blu-ray original discs, and the server displayed the client to play directly.

微信图片_20230515223214.jpg

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-remux-30d0ef30-0c6b-46cc-a05a-7202c0cd0af0_1.txt ffmpeg-remux-85be0944-5906-41ab-af8c-70f60066ad33_1.txt ffmpeg-remux-cf99642c-97ad-41a2-9f5b-3dbb6f77c172_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-bedc15b7-06d9-4e97-a97a-10d758536bee_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-fc6d5ea1-8af3-4903-8267-96a660148600_1.txt

Hi.  There is something ffmpeg doesn't like in the input which may be creating bad output to the player.

22:15:18.284 Error while decoding stream #0:1: Invalid argument

@softworkz

On 5/18/2023 at 2:58 PM, ebr said:

Hi.  There is something ffmpeg doesn't like in the input which may be creating bad output to the player.

22:15:18.284 Error while decoding stream #0:1: Invalid argument

@softworkz

Yes, there appears to be a problem with the audio. 

@noistr- Can you try choosing one of the other audio tracks before starting playback?

• 2 weeks later...
noistr
On 5/20/2023 at 6:34 PM, softworkz said:

Yes, there appears to be a problem with the audio. 

@noistr- Can you try choosing one of the other audio tracks before starting playback?

I tried to select other audio tracks before playing, but there is this error message. My friend has not installed other Android versions of emby yet. Later, my friend tried to limit the speed to 60MBPS, and it was able to play normally, but today when he played the third part, even if the speed was limited to 30MBPS, it would freeze.  @Luke

6 hours ago, noistr said:

I tried to select other audio tracks before playing, but there is this error message. My friend has not installed other Android versions of emby yet. Later, my friend tried to limit the speed to 60MBPS, and it was able to play normally, but today when he played the third part, even if the speed was limited to 30MBPS, it would freeze.  @Luke

Hi, what error message are you referring to?

noistr
13 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, what error message are you referring to?

Previously, the prompt was' Too many errors. Giving up. ',Now the speed limit is 30MBPS without a prompt, it's just stuck

noistr
7 minutes ago, ebr said:

Have you tried remuxing one of these items?

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean.

Take one of them and run them through a tool like mkvtoolnix to re-create all the header and index information.

noistr
18 minutes ago, ebr said:

Take one of them and run them through a tool like mkvtoolnix to re-create all the header and index information.

You mean it might be a source problem? That possibility is certainly not ruled out. The operation you suggested is a bit complicated for me. I plan to try to install the emby mobile terminal on the TV first. If not, I might consider buying an Android native TV box to try.

pwhodges
26 minutes ago, noistr said:

The operation you suggested is a bit complicated for me.

I hope not...  Install MKVToolNix; run mkvtoolnix-gui; drop the file on the open tab; click the "multiplex" button; replace the old file with the new one.

Paul

noistr

11 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

I hope not...  Install MKVToolNix; run mkvtoolnix-gui; drop the file on the open tab; click the "multiplex" button; replace the old file with the new one.

Paul

emm…I'll see if it works later

1 hour ago, noistr said:

You mean it might be a source problem?

It is definitely a source problem of some sort.

On 5/18/2023 at 12:28 PM, noistr said:

Okay, let me tell my friend, let him try it first

Was he able to try this?

noistr
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

Was he able to try this?

I asked him yesterday and he hasn't tried it yet...

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
semioniy

Just had the same problem.

Device: Nvidia Shield android TV
App ver. 2.0.98g
Emby server version 4.7.14.0
Platform: Unraid, docker
HWA Encoding is turned off (because I still can't make it work fast - it's set up, but each episode plays after a half a minute delay), so it should have been a direct play.

Was watching a series, completed 7 episodes without any problem, episode 8 threw a toast "too many errors, giving up". Same with another audio track and after switching subs off.
Re-transcoded the episode - no change. Cleared temp subfolder in the cache folder - same result, same error. Restarting the server made no change either.

The episode plays just fine through the web view on pc / directly in the media player classic.

Weird thing is that after I encountered that error, other episodes don't play on the Shield TV anymore, even the ones I just watched there. As if it's a transcoding error that propagated into a communication error between server and the app. Both the app and the server were restarted, it didn't help.

P.S. cleared transcoding-temp folder, and the episode plays just fine. But it would be nice if I didn't have to remote into the server and remove something in order to just watch an anime episode 😁 (please don't misunderstand me though, I love emby). Maybe I'll write me a script that clears the folder when I restart the container.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-0c32ac5b-bf9f-42c5-ba54-da5d68b48f5b_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-0e4343e9-1a32-4984-9468-5f30cd78147a_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-3a9fbb62-f30a-483a-857c-933799cb7491_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-73ea4a70-7851-48e0-83f7-5e5c567a8c53_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-d0c7eb84-3ace-4dd6-85d3-1d360bbf2532_1.txt

Edited by semioniy
cleared transcoding-temp folder

3 hours ago, semioniy said:

刚刚遇到了同样的问题。

设备:Nvidia Shield android TV
应用程序版本。2.0.98g
Emby 服务器版本 4.7.14.0
平台:Unraid,docker
HWA 编码已关闭(因为我仍然无法使其快速工作 - 它已设置,但每集在半分钟延迟后播放),所以应该已经直接玩了。

正在看连续剧,顺利看完7集,第八集吐槽“错误太多,放弃”。与另一个音轨相同,并且在关闭低音炮后。
重新转码该剧集 - 没有变化。清除缓存文件夹中的临时子文件夹-相同的结果,相同的错误。重新启动服务器也没有改变。

该剧集通过电脑上的网络视图/直接在经典媒体播放器中播放得很好。

奇怪的是,在我遇到这个错误后,其他剧集不再在 Shield TV 上播放,甚至是我刚刚在那里观看的剧集。就好像它是一个转码错误传播为服务器和应用程序之间的通信错误。应用程序和服务器都重新启动了,但没有帮助。

PS 清除了 transcoding-temp文件夹,该集播放得很好。但如果我不必远程访问服务器并删除某些内容来观看动漫剧集,那就太好了😁(请不要误解我,我喜欢 Emby)。也许我会写一个脚本,在重新启动容器时清除文件夹。

embyserver.txt 197.72 KB · 0 下载 ffmpeg-转码-0c32ac5b-bf9f-42c5-ba54-da5d68b48f5b_1.txt 27.04 KB · 0 下载 ffmpeg-转码-0e4343e9-1a32-4984-9468-5f30cd78147a_1.txt 28.85 KB · 0 下载 ffmpeg-转码-3a9fbb62-f30a-483a-857c-933799cb7491_1.txt 32.8 KB · 0 下载 ffmpeg-转码-73ea4a70-7851-48e0-83f7-5e5c567a8c53_1.txt 23.37 KB · 0 下载 ffmpeg-转码-d0c7eb84-3ace-4dd6-85d3-1d360bbf2532_1.txt 30.44 KB · 0 下载

OK, I will try to find the transcoding-temp folder, thank you for your reply

19 hours ago, semioniy said:

cleared transcoding-temp folder, and the episode plays just fine.

That sounds like maybe your transcoding-temp location was full...

semioniy
1 hour ago, ebr said:

That sounds like maybe your transcoding-temp location was full...

Not really, it has access to free 478 GB on my ssd.

• 3 weeks later...