Emby app audio Download/offline features... or is it already possible?

mostynL

mostynL

I've been using Downloads and offline Emby on a tablet a lot lately and wanted to give feedback about what would be great. Or, does it already exist?

1. I like to download playlists. But when it's time to delete downloads, I can't delete a downloaded playlist -- I have to delete individual items. 

2. Select multiple items (ie albums) at a time and add them to a playlist. Thinking Google Photos and other things where you can go into 'select multiple items mode'. It feels like it takes 10 minutes to add the last ten albums to a specific playlist manually.

3. A search criteria that picks limits the results.. Basically I want a view that shows the last x amount of added music up to 2 weeks in a neat dynamic view.

4. The ability to either add search results to a playlist, or an option to "download" results of a search query.. ie I would like to automatically add the last 24 albums listed by "Added Date" to a playlist, then download them (This would be amazing!)

Yep, I'm not done.... optimistic, ain't I?

5. I love how when my device goes 'online' again, it somehow updates the home server with the songs in order that I played, viewable in "Suggestions". Music > Suggestions has a great widget "Recently Played"... but it only goes back to something like 15 songs!!! Why not go much, much longer going back years. Better than using a 3rd party 'scrobble'. First of all it's private. And it works offline Scrobbling does not. And Scrobbling is buggy because of bluetooth issues, where I end up playing a song 100 times according to lastfm it is my favorite song now.

6. Which goes to my last one.. if my offline device device is able to roll back time and update the server with my 'recently played' songs while offline, please also give me the ability to add songs to playlists while offline... This would be amazing. 

• 2 weeks later...

4. The ability to either add search results to a playlist

Hi, have you tried using the context menu in search results?

5. I love how when my device goes 'online' again, it somehow updates the home server with the songs in order that I played, viewable in "Suggestions". Music > Suggestions has a great widget "Recently Played"... but it only goes back to something like 15 songs!!

The data is in your server, it's just that the Suggestions page only displays a small amount. We can look at expanding on that.

And then regarding the other playlist questions, yes currently you can only download playlist items, not the actual playlists, but this is something we are working on for future updates.