Viewing On A Firestick

Uncle Ian

Uncle Ian

Some time ago I asked a similar question but got really frustrated with Emby and not being able to view my films etc on any equipment other than on the server it's self. Well I am now back to try and get the thing working again, I will then subscribe to premiere. Working from home I wish to view my collection on my firestick.

Could some please explain the theory of this so I can get off the ground please? So far I have my folder full of films etc and this works fine when viewing locally on the server. My films are on a Nas drive and I have mapped that drive to the server PC.

I have created a user and linked that to my Emby connect email address. Now I assume I need to add the server to my Connect account? This is the issue. Even though port 8096 is open, I used port checker, I get an unable to connect message. 

I am unsure what is the correct information to add into the "Host" text box. If i browse to the IP address of my Nas I can do but it prompts me to enter the P/W, is that why Emby cannot connect? Do I just enter the file path here? 

Quite a few questions there and I am sure there is a simple answer to you experts.

Thanks

Hi.  Is this all on your local network?  If so you don't need to setup or use Emby Connect and the Fire app should automatically find your server - unless your firewall is blocking it which it sounds like may be the case.

Please see: Connectivity and let us know what works and what doesn't.

Uncle Ian

Hi. Yes it is all on my LAN and works fine when watching the Firestick at home (Firestick connected to LAN) but will not work when away from home. I assumed this was because I needed to add my server/library in Emby Connect and point my Firestick to my Emby Connect account when away from home?

Am I over complicating this? 🤣

You don't have to use Connect but you have to properly configure your network and the server for remote access.

Remote Setup