Go to solution Solved by Chiyu,

Chiyu
I use docker to run emby.
emby version:4.7.11.0
log:
2023-05-05 16:35:10.710 Error LibraryMonitor: Error watching path: /movie_1080p
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.11.0
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 4.19.0 (mockbuild@builder2.eng.sw.ru) (gcc version 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-44) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Thu Sep 23 18:26:47 MSK 2021
	Framework: .NET 6.0.8
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 2
	Data path: /config
	Application path: /system
	System.IO.PathTooLongException: System.IO.PathTooLongException: The path '/movie_1080p/驯龙高手2 (2014)' is too long, or a component of the specified path is too long.
	   at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.MoveNext()
	   at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.RunningInstance.AddDirectoryWatchUnlocked(WatchedDirectory parent, String directoryName)
	   at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.RunningInstance.AddDirectoryWatchUnlocked(WatchedDirectory parent, String directoryName)
	   at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.RunningInstance..ctor(FileSystemWatcher watcher, SafeFileHandle inotifyHandle, String directoryPath, Boolean includeSubdirectories, NotifyFilters notifyFilters, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.StartRaisingEvents()
	   at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.StartRaisingEventsIfNotDisposed()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.LibraryMonitor.<>c__DisplayClass37_0.<StartWatchingPath>b__0()
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: Boolean MoveNext()

2023-05-05 16:35:25.611 Error BaseItem: Error validating children for movie_1080p 38900 /movie_1080p
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.11.0
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 4.19.0 (mockbuild@builder2.eng.sw.ru) (gcc version 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-44) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Thu Sep 23 18:26:47 MSK 2021
	Framework: .NET 6.0.8
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 2
	Data path: /config
	Application path: /system
	System.IO.PathTooLongException: System.IO.PathTooLongException: The path '/movie_1080p/驯龙高手2 (2014)' is too long, or a component of the specified path is too long.
	   at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.MoveNext()
	   at System.Linq.Enumerable.SelectEnumerableIterator`2.ToArray()
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.DirectoryService.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean clearCache)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.Resolvers.Movies.MovieResolver.ResolveVideos[T](IEnumerable`1 fileSystemEntries, Folder parent, IDirectoryService directoryService, Boolean supportMultiEditions, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, Boolean parseName, Boolean enforceIgnore, Boolean checkSubFolders)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.Resolvers.Movies.MovieResolver.ResolveMultiple(Folder parent, List`1 files, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ResolvePaths(FileSystemMetadata[] files, IDirectoryService directoryService, Folder parent, LibraryOptions libraryOptions)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateSubFolders(BaseItem[] children, IDirectoryService directoryService, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: Boolean MoveNext(

Chiyu
7 hours ago, Luke said:

Why exactly do you think you can't scan?

I have to say that I don't know the reason, so I'm here looking for some possible solutions.

Junglejim
5 hours ago, Chiyu said:

I have to say that I don't know the reason, so I'm here looking for some possible solutions.

How did you set up the container? cli or compose?

I'm on OMV which is debian based and use portainer via compose (stack) to setup emby plus other containers.

Could be a typo in the path command to your media share?

Need more info to be sure...

Edit: Can you stream your media..? (when you say scan do you mean metadata)?

Edited by Junglejim

Chiyu
2 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

How did you set up the container? cli or compose?

I'm on OMV which is debian based and use portainer via compose (stack) to setup emby plus other containers.

Could be a typo in the path command to your media share?

Need more info to be sure...

I use cli,here is my cli:
first:
docker run -d \
--name emby \
--network host \
-e UID=1000 \
-e GID=100 \
-e GIDLIST=100 \
-v /root/emby/config:/config \
-v /home/115:/home/115 \
-v /home/gd:/home/gd \
emby/embyserver:latest

And then, I checked the log and discovered that the long path was the reason for the error. As a result, I rebuilt my Emby instance by:

docker run -d \
--name emby \
--network host \
-e UID=1000 \
-e GID=100 \
-e GIDLIST=100 \
-v /home/115/movie_1080p:/movie_1080p \

Junglejim
2 minutes ago, Chiyu said:

I use cli,here is my cli:
first:
docker run -d \
--name emby \
--network host \
-e UID=1000 \
-e GID=100 \
-e GIDLIST=100 \

And then, I checked the log and discovered that the long path was the reason for the error. As a result, I rebuilt my Emby instance by:

docker run -d \
--name emby \
--network host \
-e UID=1000 \
-e GID=100 \
-e GIDLIST=100 \

Ok, did that fix your problem?... (movie_1080p) folder?

Chiyu
1 minute ago, Junglejim said:

Ok, did that fix your problem?... (movie_1080p) folder?

No, it didn't. The same error occurred.

Junglejim
1 hour ago, Chiyu said:

No, it didn't. The same error occurred.

OK this is beyond me, I see so many errors is not funny.. mainly due to text like this  驯龙高手2 🙄

Are you a English speaking country? Or is your library just a total mess.. ? 🤪

Can you at least play your media?

Can you show me your share dirs (home/115.. whats home/gd?), maybe you still have a typo there?

Make sure you map the shares to embys library's (home/115 to ?  |   home/gd to ?  |   movie_1080p to ?)

That's another problem you have too actually set up the share properly.?

So many things to consider.. :)

Not enough info mate, I'm just guessing which is bad! Are you new to Linux? I hope not! ;)

As a side note, when you map volumes in docker you can give them a more descriptive name.. e.g.  -v /home/115:/movies   ;)

Edited by Junglejim

Chiyu
1 hour ago, Junglejim said:

OK this is beyond me, I see so many errors is not funny.. mainly due to text like this  驯龙高手2 🙄

Are you a English speaking country? Or is your library just a total mess.. ? 🤪

Can you at least play your media?

Can you show me your share dirs (home/115.. whats home/gd?), maybe you still have a typo there?

Make sure you map the shares to embys library's (home/115 to ?  |   home/gd to ?  |   movie_1080p to ?)

That's another problem you have too actually set up the share properly.?

So many things to consider.. :)

Not enough info mate, I'm just guessing which is bad! Are you new to Linux? I hope not! ;)

As a side note, when you map volumes in docker you can give them a more descriptive name.. e.g.  -v /home/115:/movies   ;)

First of all, I live in China, and I have other media files with Chinese names that can be scanned and played without any issues. Now, I can show you my dirs:

/home/115:
image.png.67eb7f62cb3b96ff2fb27e8f3d7b7675.png

/home/115/movie_1080P:

image.png.25d13185b61de8d55a4b543bb94deeff.png

image.png.1b970452f28059d79233d8f6b5114844.png

/home/gd:

image.png.4cca7792351e57d2d38e20191aa24a5e.png

image.png.cbd7079fe3cc5af21df4f1344d4ca1f7.png

Media files with the same naming style as the problematic one that can be scanned and played normally:
image.png.e61563900e1ce891ae4d61e31537049b.png

Library setup:

image.png.179eb1966e1ba53df21a3726b3f2dea1.png

image.thumb.png.a8c70abbd688674509700730b19ca512.png

Media Play:

image.thumb.png.12d210a8f3a876b40ecb04dacb966c7c.png

Same named style media which scan abnormally:
image.png.9a5ad365b2dad1209e68504b1ea120cf.png

image.thumb.png.4cdb843b1c2f0ed8339b0b7e6cb83379.png

Junglejim

As I thought your library naming is a total mess (1080p especially) I can't read Chinese.. :) 007.... ?

I suggest you have a look at the guides for naming media! What you have will not work!

Also from your cli docker input your not ref... gd/euandus ??? you have to ref the folder directly in docker or at least add the subfolder in emby when you add it to the library.

Sorry mate I can't help anymore! Have fun. 😆

Edited by Junglejim

That's really odd. It looks like the error is coming from the .net runtime when trying to list files in a directory. Is there any chance you can try the 4.8 beta server and see how that compares? Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...
Chiyu
On 5/7/2023 at 5:14 AM, Luke said:

That's really odd. It looks like the error is coming from the .net runtime when trying to list files in a directory. Is there any chance you can try the 4.8 beta server and see how that compares? Thanks.

I have already used the 4.8 beta server, can not scan either...
Here is the log:

embyserver.txt

Edited by Chiyu

It's what @Junglejimsaid.

Paths are likely getting crossed because of the layout.
Mapping is wrong so Emby can't access the files.

Chiyu
10 minutes ago, Carlo said:

It's what @Junglejimsaid.

Paths are likely getting crossed because of the layout.
Mapping is wrong so Emby can't access the files.

Okay, So what should I do to solve this problem next?

seanbuff
18 hours ago, Chiyu said:

Okay, So what should I do to solve this problem next?

I would remove this mapping from your Docker config

On 06/05/2023 at 17:08, Chiyu said:

docker run -d \
--name emby \
--network host \
-e UID=1000 \
-e GID=100 \
-e GIDLIST=100 \

...since it's already covered by the /home/115 mapping

Then I would remove the /movie_1080p library in Emby, and re-add it using the full path:

image.png.9194ed6d367986423166d36253fc9705.png

/home/115/movie_1080p which is the same path format that the "working" Anime library is using.

Let it rescan the library and try again.

• Like 1

Chiyu
9 hours ago, seanbuff said:

I would remove this mapping from your Docker config

...since it's already covered by the /home/115 mapping

Then I would remove the /movie_1080p library in Emby, and re-add it using the full path:

/home/115/movie_1080p which is the same path format that the "working" Anime library is using.

In fact, the lastest log file producted by new docker beta emby, which create by cli:
docker run -d --name emby1 --network host -e UID=1000 -e GID=100 -e GIDLIST=100 -v /root/emby/config:/config -v /home/115:/home/115 -v /home/gd:/home/gd --restart always emby/embyserver:beta

seanbuff
4 minutes ago, Chiyu said:

In fact, the lastest log file producted by new docker beta emby, which create by cli:
docker run -d --name emby1 --network host -e UID=1000 -e GID=100 -e GIDLIST=100 -v /root/emby/config:/config -v /home/115:/home/115 -v /home/gd:/home/gd --restart always emby/embyserver:beta

Okay great - so did you try this?

9 hours ago, seanbuff said:

Q-Droid

Could it be a naming problem with the server somehow trying to parse "1080p"? Has renaming the folder to something else, like "movie_abcd" been tried?

• Solution
Chiyu

OK, I solve this problem by deleting this file 驯龙高手2 (2014) !  Ha, simple but uesful

Thanks for everyone who helps me!!!!😘

• Thanks 1