Multi-version bug?

millerajm
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

millerajm

Hi, I'm trying to add a movie with multiple versions. In particular, I'm abusing the feature to put an "interactive" movie up. Because of this, there are 14 different "versions" of this film! Despite naming them following the required format (folder_name - [version_name]) Emby is breaking it up into 14 different movies. I can get the behavior I want with fewer files in the folder, but it seems that when I go over 10 it decides I have a lot of movies with the same name...

Is this a bug or expected behavior? Is there a maximum version count limit hardcoded somewhere? Could I edit some file to allow for more versions? Anything I can do to group these as versions myself, after it decides they are separate movies? I know it is possible to split versions to their own films, but not sure how to go the other way.

Thanks for any help!

Edited by millerajm

HI, actually there is a hard-coded limit of 8, primarily just as a sanity check to avoid falsely detecting something as mulit-version. We could expose this as configuration though.

• Like 1

millerajm

That would be great as an option! I know it isn't the intended use of the feature, but it does group the files well in my case. I could see a movie with more than 8 versions anyway, for example, standard, director's cut, PG edit, and different resolutions or containers on top of that would easily exceed 8.

Any way to group them as versions after it has automatically split them out?

• Solution
GrimReaper
33 minutes ago, millerajm said:

Any way to group them as versions after it has automatically split them out?

You can Multi-select>three-dot menu Group versions or use community-made Auto-version grouping plugin. 

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Like 1

millerajm

Thanks so much! It took me hours to get all the video files organized in a way that allows someone to play through the choices, so I'm glad I can call it complete and uploaded now :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1