Lots of tuners being held open

CharlieMurphy

pünktchen

I think the default timeout in Emby is 60 seconds. At least when the client never reports any playback start. Isn't this used for any following (missing) playback progress report?

15 hours ago, pünktchen said:

Mmh, but every Emby app is sending playback progress every few seconds to the server. If the server doesn't get it from the client for a few minutes, it has to asume the client is gone and just stop streaming, release the tuner and so on.

Yes, that is the basic logic that is used.  Obviously, there is some sort of hole in it in some rare circumstance somewhere.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The hole is the time period between tuner opening and the first playback report. If the user bails out before then, that could be an issue. So that's why I'm asking for examples so that we can get a feel for those situations.

I do believe the web app has this covered though.

• Thanks 1

CharlieMurphy

Got it. I don't notice until it until the tuners are all full and then it's hard to find in logs because it happened many hours before. I'll try to get logs next time.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2023 at 5:04 PM, CharlieMurphy said:

Got it. I don't notice until it until the tuners are all full and then it's hard to find in logs because it happened many hours before. I'll try to get logs next time.

That would be great, thanks.