emby server doenst read the localhost address on my smartphone

wimpauwelsprivaat@gmail.com

Hello 

I am new to emby server problems to mention them but the thing is in android 13 a big problem to play any content whatsoever due to the fact that the latest update of the beta sever doesnt seem to be reading any content loading in the same device . I own a Xiami Redmi Note 12 4G with android 13 on it installed.  Now the big problem is when installing the latest package from the beta server from your site: then the update with licenced version does not seem to be able to read any local internal storage or external storage on the device itself. not even wen rebooting the device was done after the update from versiion Emby Server version 4.7.* and not even when cleaning cached files from the app preferences.

How is it possible anways i always get also in the emby for android and on the other server that are all updated to the latest version wich is in your download server the beta version of 4.8.* and also portforwarding is not working in running the server on the browser internally on a android device whatsoever.

I would like to be answered here because I really want to use emby server (did pay for that anyways)

hoping a reaction will soon be a solution to the problem that seems to persist in all android devices the only thing that was working is plahing the device from a kodi pc but it goes very slowly in buffering and that is not to be doable  with 5mpbs speeded network..

the bug is also this hard that i cant even manage the server to get logs out of it. i can run the server but i cant address anything please help me out of this myisery 

I am wondering what the google programmers seem to have blocked on any device that run to get emby connected. theplayer cant seem to find any streams that exist. even not with running the device server on android latest. hopefully you can fix the bugs in reading the devicefoldersaccess so that many people wil soon be able to re read there media again. I know it is hard work for the programming of emby server but I am hoping that the people see the future of reprogramming it to reading everything on a smartphone android as a win win situation.

if you have any  suggestions on the side of what i can try (copying folders already tried but no solution found yet to that problem), please tell me soon

kind regards

Wim Pauwels

Belgium (Europe)

i am sorry that i forgot to attach it.

i was up to at least mention the problem

i'll now post the latest embyserver.txt in attachment

it is now uploaded i hope it is in english because i am a dutch speaking person.

hopefully it is not a proble to read it....

kind regards

Wim pauwels

embyserver.txt

hey i am wondering if you are still reading in the logs and finding a few  solutions. dont want to make you do it in a hurry but there has been some long time no response so i would like to see a way of some kind reactions. i reallly dont understand why emby server stopped working all of a suddon with creating a inside link in the update files? and also the problem persists if I try to play in the non licensend version of emby latest i can play a minute an video file and it worked but when i fixed the license nothig works at all anymore. kind of anoying problem. hey?

in addition i post the following info on the dashboard of the devices server i see only one external address that i cant reach through any way of linking that that one and this folloing state happens when i am linking the subscription key as a license key the server says it is all up to date but where is my local address gone??? rebooting my device phone does not give a solution to that problem i already tried that fix but it didn't help anyway. reinstalling the server is not an option either.

"Dashboard

localhost

Version 4.8.0.32 beta Emby Server is up-to-date

Draait op http poort 8096.

Bedankt dat je een bètatester van Emby bent! Geef alsjeblieft feedback in het Testgebied van de Emby Community."

hoping a soon solution is in the construction with an answering reaction 

thanks in advance
kind regards
Wim Pauwels

another addition: at this time i reinstalled the NON-beta version from the download. and I suppose update is now good. i can play only remotely on kodi the server from my device.the player on my phone embyserver cannot play the files thus local playback from the emby server is suddenly not possible especially for videofiles. not mp4 not avi extension whatsoever. i would rather be able to play them locally too on the device my phone itself. the weirdest thing is that audio seems to work on emby player locally but the vidos don't want to come in playable circumstance....

sorry to ask you so much about it but i need to be able to play them too my video files. to try things like sound out and stuff that i made myself.

hoping this movieplaying thing an soon be fixed?

Kind regards

wim pauwels

10 hours ago, wimpauwelsprivaat@gmail.com said:

another addition: at this time i reinstalled the NON-beta version from the download. and I suppose update is now good. i can play only remotely on kodi the server from my device.the player on my phone embyserver cannot play the files thus local playback from the emby server is suddenly not possible especially for videofiles. not mp4 not avi extension whatsoever. i would rather be able to play them locally too on the device my phone itself. the weirdest thing is that audio seems to work on emby player locally but the vidos don't want to come in playable circumstance....

sorry to ask you so much about it but i need to be able to play them too my video files. to try things like sound out and stuff that i made myself.

hoping this movieplaying thing an soon be fixed?

Kind regards

wim pauwels

Hi, can you please attach the emby server log from the 4.7 stable release just so that I can do a quick compare? Thanks !

hello, thanks for your reaction,

i will see if i can reach the server because although i get the same production of being only able to play remotely i couldn't connect to my network today. so i hopefully will be able to reply here

sorry for the latest interruption but i in fact still cant play anything locally and remotely i just found out that the servers are not reacheable anymore.

i can see if it has to do with manipulated serversettings. i even will reinstall everything in kodi to see if my config broke something on that laptop i am running. but let me at least tell you that i changed my device name to wim-mobiel just to make the things clear devices i hope that didn 't brake it because it was already broke before that problem.

so only audio plays locally wich is strange because i added a library that should play videos too.

hereby the file from 4.7 server that now runs but is broke somehow

hopefully we get to a good solution. in the meantime i will fix the network access to libreelec kodi on that laptop.

kind regards

wim pauwels

embyserver (1).txt

and something that is very strange in addition is that the server is remotely reachable from my phone to my ipad

understand who can understand this??? videos do play on my ipad from my phone just discovered this in a moment??? this is very very strange isnt it.

just to mention it to you to make you have more information on this issue. i am stroking my hair on om my head now to be understanding this problem.... i dont now anymore

as a funny notion of information

kind regards

wim pauwels

I sorted one thing out in the meantime: i had on my pc where i am sending from now a bunch of servers running for media:

bubbleUPNPserver without content server

mini dlna server

emby server

but with stopping the others i found out after just rebooting that i saw a wrong foldername in the list of libraries. so i reset up the connection locally and then i tested it and the files began to play locally now on pc.

i am gonna try this again for android in the hope i did setup a wrong folder name but i am not that sure about it.

this is not the complete solution i think  because of the previous informations i dont believe that it is the only connection problem but i 'll let you know in the meantime when doing it;

i keep you updated about it.right at this moment

kind regards

wim pauwels

OK please let me know if 4.8.0.34 resolves this. It should be up in the next hour or so. Thanks.

Do you mean that it could be that i need to download the file that does not exist yet from your site: 4.8.0.34 to get it in about an hour or so? because i now seem not to be able to find the 34 version: it is now stil .33 apk version in the beta file? is that correctly understood by myself?

nevertheless i did change the folder links and found not yet solution to play it remotely from the smartphone...

i will keep you updated. and soon as i find something i 'll let you know

kind regards.

i will only update the installation after i know it is functionally....

otherwise things can go wrong like before.... with betapackages.

kind regards again

wim pauwels

I see the package .34.apk in beta file is available now. i will install it fresh or first do upgrade rightaway on my device?

i will also restart everything after it and when it works i ll keep you updated....

kind regards

wim pauwels

i am now rebooting my device after the update of the package that you insisted me to install

at this time i didn't have a responding movie only audio files that moved towards my ears....

i updated from 4.7 to your file but it doesnt seem to read the movies.

gonna dig deeper in removing the cache files and also the installation getting done from the zero config again.

so gimme a moment and i let you  now if the opposite version gives some bugs in it. i think it was from the start buggy in 4.7.11.apk and that is somewhat strange because it shouldnt be buggy

in ten minutes we'll know the result of my action now

kind regards

wim pauwels

as tried and said it the folders standard in android dont function to be read by embyserver at the moment.

what do you suggest now to do or try after a fresh installation it doenst work either.

i am really dissapointed but i think the creators of android did something very stupid by locking the android access to all files at the same time.

hopefully they turn around with very locked behaviour of a storage thing and come up with a fix;

this is really annoying me. why shouldn't people be able to access their own storage in the first place.

i can only hope one thing and that is: that the files play remotely on my kodi system. as a meantime solution.

sorry for my reaction now but it doenst do it.

i'll post you a message if it is working remotely then we got that at least.

kind regards thank you already for working on that package.

wim pauwels

in the meantime i think the remote kodi can only read them from the network.

problem is i would love to be able to play the files on my android device too.

the reason is that i create a lot files and from them i need to test the good remastering of the sound again and again and  bluetooth connection with the server on android locally always worked but why not now again anymore? it gives a good sound quality unre-enforced in my ears to test if the source is loud enough of where i should restore the sound or video now and then.

You're able to play videos that can direct play without any transcoding, right?

only in kodi on another device over wifi not in a remote pc like an rpi. on the one i could play some audio but not the video

i can even see on kodi on my tv that ther are avi extensions playing. old files that i need to transcode anyway to mp4

and they play there fluently but not in the other devices.

kind regards

i also added films or or musivideo's in the database as library but i didnt sort them outside folders in the subfolders. gonna move some outside the subfolders lets see what that does....

i didnt see that coming up as a real solution to the problem that persists

i playing files on my smartphone device

kind regards do you have other suggestions?

i recently see that the path for the metadata on my android device was not readeable perhaps we an solve that with removing every folder that contains .metadata folders that noting have to do with my folders?

i saw another problem: the thing is that using internal storage that is shared with internal storage. you have written two types of permissions

and i am now copying it from the local server to the internal storage and that means that the files of metadata should be shared onthe folder of 

/storage/EFDB-D7FC/Android/data/com.emby.embyserver/files

for the libraries that means a whole new system of permissions i think.

maybe i could remove the config of metadata folders on the normal storage location because it is two times configured in the dot folders. of .com.emby.embyserver?

kind regards

wim pauwels