Files just sit and spin they do not actually play

80srule

80srule

Everything was fine last night then this morning I can't get anything to actually play. I tried several files and all just sit and spin. This happened about a week ago too. 
I thought maybe a locked database so I shut down deleted the library shm/wal files and rebooted. Still same thing. 

ffmpeg-transcode-1840a6d3-39d1-45f7-be22-8234d099c60e_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-c0ffa9c5-dc35-4a04-87d1-c9cab88a7b47_1.txt ffmpeg-directstream-745ee84d-c812-4ae6-b62a-4132fbd4b7a4_1.txt embyserver-8.txt embyserver-63818027014.txt

80srule

Through the instructions on the whatbox website. I have had it for close to a year. This just started happening. 
whatbox.ca/wiki/emby 

Try setting the customizations back to default:

>>>>>  Non-Default Encoder Parameters
Warning EncoderParametersH264LibX.Preset: Original: veryfast Actual: faster

80srule
Just now, Luke said:

Try setting the customizations back to default:

>>>>>  Non-Default Encoder Parameters
Warning EncoderParametersH264LibX.Preset: Original: veryfast Actual: faster

What do you. mean? 

Just now, 80srule said:

I have both its the same. Everything worked yesterday. But it now says TO MANY ERRORS GIVING UP 

The standard app doesn’t even have that error message. What version did you try?

80srule

Yes I know I meant the ATV version gives the error. The standard app just sits and spins and never does anything. Eventually goes to a black screen. If you hit the center button on the remote you see the logo of the show at the top and the time bar at the bottom but it never moves off of 0. it's ver 3.2.92. 

80srule
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Have you tried rebooting your server machine?

Emby server yes. Im on a shared server I dont know that I can reboot the entire thing. I rebooted what I can. 
Im seeing this in the log file after rebooting 

Error Server: Access token is invalid or expired.

80srule
1 minute ago, Luke said:

How does it compare with content that can direct play without transcoding?

I dont know why it's transcoding to begin with. But it will do that sometimes. I turned off transcoding this is the log file. 

Before I went to bed last night everything was working. But this morning nothing works. I made no changes to anything. But yet here we are. 

ffmpeg-directstream-fc62a12d-aa3b-4eab-994d-38866ec07188_1.txt

80srule

Also not sure this would have anything to do but I am running beta 4.8.0.30 but on a different server but it is connected to the same dropbox where the files are. 

i tried playing files there and nothing plays either. Yet I can go to Dropbox and play the videos. So not sure what it is. 

Edited by 80srule

5 minutes ago, 80srule said:

Ok I have no clue what is going on but now out of nowhere it's playing. Here is a log file just in case it helps figure out what changed. 

ffmpeg-remux-fb644293-8bea-4b40-ad31-a83a6f7e8857_1.txt 359.43 kB · 0 downloads ffmpeg-remux-0a1bc278-8788-41f9-86c9-c766f4a065fe_1.txt 126.19 kB · 0 downloads

Well in this example it's not converting the video, so maybe that's the correlation.

80srule
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Well in this example it's not converting the video, so maybe that's the correlation.

It wasn't earlier I sent one that was a direct stream that wouldn't play 

1 minute ago, 80srule said:

It wasn't earlier I sent one that was a direct stream that wouldn't play 

Yea that one was different, problem with that file perhaps:

[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x564f15d3b500] moov atom not found
/mnt/nvme14n1/ilovemymac/mountedfolder1/Jason Stucky/TV Shows (1)/TV-Classic (1)/Three's Company/Season 4/Three's Company S04E09 (Chrissy's Hospitality).mp4: Invalid data found when processing input

80srule
31 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yea that one was different, problem with that file perhaps:

[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x564f15d3b500] moov atom not found
/mnt/nvme14n1/ilovemymac/mountedfolder1/Jason Stucky/TV Shows (1)/TV-Classic (1)/Three's Company/Season 4/Three's Company S04E09 (Chrissy's Hospitality).mp4: Invalid data found when processing input

NO because that file plays now just fine. Earlier nothing played at all. IM not getting that error in the log file now about the token. Not sure what that was about. But this is so frustrating that it just would not play then it just magically plays

80srule

40 minutes ago, Luke said:

What kind of disk drives does whatbox have?

I use dropbox for my storage. Whatbox is NVME for the server and the library. Which I have been using with plex for a few years then switched to emby about 8 months ago and no problems up till just recently. And as we speak now everything doesnt want to play again. This has never happened. The issue before today a couple times was the mount was not connected to dropbox. But now that is not the issue. 

Ok so I rebooted emby server and now stuff works again. Could there be an issue with the server itself? 

Edited by 80srule

80srule

It lasts a bit then it quits working. Then if I reboot it will work for a bit but not even through one show. Im not the only one either everyone I have try to get on all have the same issue. It works if you reboot the server It seems to work temp. When I play a file I notice shortly after it's playing in the dashboard it will say recovering from playback error and converting audio to compatible codec recovering from playback error. 
I dont know never ever seen this issue. 
So the server seems to have some kind of issue.

How would I go about reinstalling a fresh copy of the server without losing my library data? 

Edited by 80srule

1 hour ago, 80srule said:

It lasts a bit then it quits working. Then if I reboot it will work for a bit but not even through one show. Im not the only one either everyone I have try to get on all have the same issue. It works if you reboot the server It seems to work temp. When I play a file I notice shortly after it's playing in the dashboard it will say recovering from playback error and converting audio to compatible codec recovering from playback error. 
I dont know never ever seen this issue. 
So the server seems to have some kind of issue.

How would I go about reinstalling a fresh copy of the server without losing my library data? 

Please take a look at our backup guide and let us know if it helps:

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159936-backup

Thanks.

3 hours ago, 80srule said:

I use dropbox for my storage. Whatbox is NVME for the server and the library. Which I have been using with plex for a few years then switched to emby about 8 months ago and no problems up till just recently. And as we speak now everything doesnt want to play again. This has never happened. The issue before today a couple times was the mount was not connected to dropbox. But now that is not the issue. 

Ok so I rebooted emby server and now stuff works again. Could there be an issue with the server itself? 

Can you try putting a few videos locally on the server machine and see how that compares?