Nvidia Shield Audio Sync Issue when fast forward or skip intro.

Jrod696
Go to solution Solved by rbjtech,

59 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

It's a setting to enable if either your TV, Soundbar or AVR do not support DD+ in which case the Shield will convert and output to DD/AC3 instead as you say.  But it causes issues if you want to 'passthrough' the DD+ and let either the TV or AVR handle it.   Unless you need it, it is best to turn it off imo.

Yes, I have it off but have read earlier (don't remember where) that leaving it off might cause those sync issues.

Jrod696
5 hours ago, Ruato said:

I remember reading somewhere that having "Dolby Sound Processing" option disabled in the Advanced Audio Settings could cause this. However, I also remember reading that one wants to have it disabled as it converts DD+ to DD. @Jrod696, maybe you can check if you have that disabled?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ShieldAndroidTV/comments/vjy6ls/why_does_nvidia_say_enable_dolby_audio_processing/

it is enable in my settings and says it will play all supported formats supported, it is currently hooked up to a Denon AVR-X2800H which has no issue supporting anything that gets passed through. Also because this has been an issue since I switched from Firestick to Nvidia for my daily driver in the living room I have also had other units the same thing, one was a Sony and an earlier model Denon.

PXL_20230419_132837707.jpg

PXL_20230419_132841676.jpg

Edited by Jrod696

rbjtech
2 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi. Have you tried turning that off to see if it makes a difference? 

Agreed - @Jrod696- you simply don't need it - your AVR will natively passthrough all the Audio codecs - you do not need the Shield to intervene with any of them.   

I have a Shield Pro and the same range of Denon AVR's and I've never had this switched on and never had an AV Sync issue - with normal media or recorded TS files.

Jrod696
8 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Agreed - @Jrod696- you simply don't need it - your AVR will natively passthrough all the Audio codecs - you do not need the Shield to intervene with any of them.   

I have a Shield Pro and the same range of Denon AVR's and I've never had this switched on and never had an AV Sync issue - with normal media or recorded TS files.

I disabled it and it looks like the syncing issue went away, I need to test over the next couple days, but I ran raw TS files that were recorded from live tv, I ran the MKV files I was testing with and everything seemed fine.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, rbjtech said:

I have a Shield Pro 2019 and a Denon X3600H. I will revisit the setting so that it is in fact disabled. Should be because the audio I get out of it is so good.

Edited by Ruato
Typos.

rbjtech
9 hours ago, justinrh said:

I do not have Shield's Dolby processing on, but I still see the problem.

Details ?  Sample file ?

13 hours ago, justinrh said:

I do not have Shield's Dolby processing on, but I still see the problem.

Just for kicks, have you tried turning it on?

justinrh
39 minutes ago, ebr said:

Just for kicks, have you tried turning it on?

I've had it on in the past, but after discussing issues on this forum, it was determined best to turn it off.  I don't recall if this problem showed up with it on, but I suspect so since I've been seeing it so long.