Backup "Sort by" and other user settings

Mimpster

Mimpster

I use Emby everyday on my computer and TV, and this morning I noticed that the web app settings and folder sorting options have all been set back to default. I checked my Samsung TV app and all of my settings have been retained, so I'm not sure what happened with the web app.  It would be great if a user could save their settings and folder sorting options so if there's an update, or if they want to login to another device, they can simply load their config file or something of the sort.

• Agree 1

Hi, yes most things do travel across devices but some do not because it is possible to create a layout on one screen that wouldn’t make sense for another.

GrimReaper
26 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, yes most things do travel across devices but some do not because it is possible to create a layout on one screen that wouldn’t make sense for another.

As I understood it, that's not exactly what OP was asking for, to honor sort settings across various client apps/platforms, but to be able to save config for current device (i.e. Web app) which got reset upon server update or to load it in another same-platform app/machine (i.e. another browser and/or another PC).

Edited by GrimReaper

Mimpster

Thank you for the responses.  I know that when I change metadata it's changed for all devices.  These are the changes I saw yesterday on the web app: on my display screen the image size was set back to default when I normally have it set to extra large, and all of my folders "Sort by" options were set to filename when I normally have them set to Title or Release Date.  If I had the ability to save some sort of settings config file for the web app, then if this ever happened again I could just load the file.  And if I wanted to use the web app at work, for example, I could login to it, load my config file, and everything would look the same as at home.  I suppose the config file would need to be app specific based on the type of device.

• 9 months later...