Samsung Dex

Super1

Super1

Hello i have a samsung s21. If i plug my phone into hdmi display and start samsung dex i cannot watch video on emby. The sound is playing but the screen is black.

Other media player apps work fine so i am sure it is emby app at fault

I think the emby app doesnt know on which display to play when its connected to samsung dex

chinswain

Hi,

I've also got the same issue on a Samsung Galaxy S21 using Dex. App works perfectly except for a black screen on playback.
I'm using a pair of Nreal Air AR glasses connected as an external display via USB. Works fine via VLC.

Emby for Android TV appears to work fine on Dex (Interface is not ideal for touch screen control though so would prefer to use the Android app).

Let me know if you need me to test any apk's.

Thanks
Alan

GrimReaper
17 minutes ago, chinswain said:

I'm using a pair of Nreal Air AR glasses

OT, but was eying exactly those recently, would appreciate some first-hand experience shared: how do you generally find them? After all the reviews watched, still cannot grasp what would be approximate display size compared (mind the official specs, I'm interested in what does it feel like)? Thanks. 

chinswain

They are excellent for watching TV\Films, the image is large and very clear (Looks better than I thought it would be being 1080). The software is very basic though so the AR functionality is not great. It feels like a giant TV around 4 meters in front of you. Samsung Dex massively improves the experience when connected to a phone.

• Thanks 1