Live TV Playback Stops After a Couple Minutes

yodajones

yodajones

Emby Server: Debian 11
Tuners: SiliconDust HDHomerun 4 tuner + 2 tuner
Affected Playback Devices: AppleTV 4K, MacOS Browser (Safari)

Hello,

We have a lifetime premier Emby license and recently live playback stops after a couple minutes on any device we use - AppleTV 4K, MacOS browser Safari.

If you need any information I may have left out let me know.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

yodajones

@Luke- Here is a log file from this morning.  In this case the Live TV was playing, then a commercial came on, and after the commercial the TV station started over where it started playing it from.

embyserver.txt

yodajones

Here is another log file and a screenshot.  Seems the green bar represents the played content (live TV).  Usually plays this much then repeats from the start then stops.

Screen Shot 2023-04-04 at 4.09.24 PM.png

embyserver-2.txt

• 2 weeks later...
drando

Having the same issue. On different variations of the app. Emby Theater in Windows and Emby Android app on NVidia Shield.  Everything plays fine for 15 to 20 minutes, a commercial comes on and it freezes.  It does not rewind for me though. Just stops dead in its tracks. All the issues started about 30 days ago.  I don't know if the latest server update is causing this.

The network looks clean. I have been using Direct play on the android app for over the last year and a half and have had zero issues until recently.

I am currently testing http://app.emby.media/ . The stream stopped and restarted twice within the first 2 minutes, but has been smooth since. no full stops as of yet. I have the settings over internet set at The highest 4k setting.

If there is anything I can supply to help figure this is would be great.

I am using the HDHomerun Prime 3 tuner with cable card. Could be the firmware updates by SiliconDust causing this, but as of now http://app.emby.media/ is playing with zero issues, other then the initial partial stops within the first 2 minutes.

Thank you

Edited by drando

drando

So after more testing. My IPTV connection freezes up also. Is there anyway to down grade the server software? This has never happened. 

drando

Well after more digging, the HD on the Emby server ran out of space. It was filled up by Windows updates. Cleared the space issue, and everything is working as expected. Found the problem in the Emby Logs. I should have checked that earlier.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
GreatFlashMan
On 02/06/2023 at 19:40, yodajones said:

Two updates later: Still doing it.

You could try running it via NextPVR. That fixed it for me.

Direct Live Tv playback in Emby does the same for me, always has, and no amount of posted logs appear to help with a solid fix.

yodajones

@GreatFlashMan- Thank you for your reply.  In the mean time we tried a different browser, Firefox, and on that test the live streaming did not stop.  Our main computers are all MacOS and a little old with Safari 14.1.2 and so it may be a Safari issue.  I have yet to try again live streaming OTA TV on our AppleTV 4K to see it is still does it there.  There have been several AppleTVOS updates since we last tried watching anything live.

Also, we rarely watch live streaming of OTA TV so although this issue was annoying it was in no way a deal breaker for us.  Most of our consumption of Emby media is done through our living room AppleTV 4K with the official Emby app.  Mostly we watch the recorded OTA stuff and this has always worked great.

We have 2 SiliconDust HDHomeRuns.  One is a Flex Duo - 2 tuner and the other is a Flex 4K - 4 tuner.  These babies are filling up the Emby share quick!  I think the most we've recorded simultaneously was 5 channels and the SiliconDust devices have been great.

We added a SiliconDust LTE filter - LPF-608M - inline from our antenna and this has helped reduce some dropouts by I would estimate 90% in case anyone is interested.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...