Auto-organize: fails to create new episodes language-correctly?

danergo

danergo

My series library is set to have my preferred language:

image.png.cecffa57b7458335461279179fd5b3c6.png

My episode file pattern in auto-organize is this:

image.png.8a815c62e81aa802de807590f3f66332.png

When I first add a new series manually from auto-organize (because library not yet contains it), it creates:

• correct series folder
  • correct episode file (moves the file with correct name): "Hungarian series name - seasonxepisode - original title.ext"

However when I manually organize the second episode, it is not renaming consistent:

image.png.26011a567a98230b991881a9dbd3d730.png

As you can see, my second trial with 1x06 gets hungarian episode names, while the first (1x01) gots original episode names.

Currently all my episodes are named with their original names, so I'd keep it that way, how can I control this?

Thank you

danergo

This is strange.

When I first add the series manually, it gets the name:

The Serpent (2021)/Season 1/The Serpent - 1x01 - Episode 1

Then, for the next episode when I select the series from the list:

The Serpent (2021)/Season 1/A kígyó - 1x01 - 2. epizód

I'm attaching the server log which shows how this files got organized.

As my whole library follows this below naming conventions, my goal is to keep this for further auto-organized series too:

SERIES_LOCAL_NAME (YEAR)/Season X/SERIES_LOCAL_NAME - SERIE_IDxEPISODE_ID - EPISODE_ORIGINAL_TITLE

How can I achieve this?

Thank you

embyserver.txt

Edited by danergo

Isn’t the second name correct based on your library settings? I think it’s the first one that’s wrong and should not be English.

danergo

Honestly, I have no clue.

Both should be renamed the same, so having one localized and the other English is for sure some mistake.

My other series are renamed they way I mentioned earlier, that's why I was chasing those naming convention.

If you think the second is correct based on my settings I wish to rename all episodes in my library. How can I do that?

Thank you!

If you think the second is correct based on my settings I wish to rename all episodes in my library. How can I do that?

Manually, or perhaps some other tool. If you want to try and get new information from the internet then you can always refresh metadata and check the box to replace all metadata. This will only change names in emby server though, it won't rename files.

danergo

Yeah, refresh all metadata won't touch the files.

Maybe I just have to let it go, and rely solely on the metadata.

danergo

But auto-organize still seem to have a bug:

During manual organization it doesn't take into account the preferred metadata language.

Hence, in spite I have Hungarian language preference for movies metadata, during manual organization and having this below setting for movies, it will still create a folder with movie name in English.

I believe the same thing happens with series, where the first, manual organization (i.e. when the folder is first created) it uses English, then all the rest when series is already existing, it uses the preferred metadata language.

Therefore in series, first episodes will always be renamed differently than rest.

Screenshot_20230329_111853_Emby.jpg

danergo

I have created a new log, please find it attached.

Workflow:

1.) Try to do auto-organize, it will create failed items, as "The Serpent" is not yet in my library.

2.) Do manual search for "serpent" to organize episode 1: it gets me the list, without images (see my other topic)

3.) Selecting the correct series, and organize this episode: doesn't take into account library preference for metadata language (creates folder and episode in english)

4.) Do a library scan (needed for bringing "The serpent" into the list of auto-organization's manual selection)

5.) Manually organize episode 2: selecting "The serpent" from the series list: does take into account library preference for metadata langauge (creates episode in hungarian)

As you can see both step 3 and 5 are creating (moving) the episode to its place however they rename those episodes different with the same library settings.

embyserver (2).txt

OK I found a couple changes that might help. They'll be in the next plugin update. Thanks.

danergo

Thank you, three more things for plugin update:

1.) It might be very helpful to have "tokens" for original movie/series/episode names, like:

For movies:

Original movie name %omn
Original movie name %om.n
Original movie name %om_n

For series:

Original series name %osn
Original series name %os.n
Original series name %os_n

Original episode name %oen
Original episode name %oe.n
Original episode name %oe_n

2.) Header is not hiding, causing very bad UX (only happens on Auto Organize page):

image.png.f4ef184d7cb951d9a26238bfe39b8602.png

3.) In Activity Log, "Clear button" has label of "ButtonClear":

image.png.cdd3fae6f84e9069fe84712850518326.png

It should be simply "Clear" or "Clear all".

When is this plugin update scheduled (approx)?

Thank you!

• Thanks 1

When is this plugin update scheduled (approx)?

It's tied with the 4.8 server, so it's going to be a little while.

• Thanks 1

danergo

I'm having 4.8.0.21 and 4.8.0.26 betas listed in release notes, can I update to these beta versions to have an early access to these pluginfixes?

Yes, but the builds are for testing, not really for early feature access. please review the Testing Area of the community to learn about any open issues first.

• 1 month later...
danergo

Hi, @Luke, is there any updates for 4.8 server update schedule?

My above 3 points would be awesome to get fixed :)

Thank you!

If you're already on the 4.8 beta then I would try it and let us know how things compare.

danergo

I'm still on 4.7.11 stable.

Will try tomorrow with beta. Can you please share how can I install the beta?

Thx

• 1 month later...
danergo

Hi,

Version 4.8.0.39 beta still suffers from this collapsing stuff (see my attachment).

My recommended tokens (see my earlier post) for better auto-organize feature are still not implemented:

I wish to keep the folder structure with english names, and let the filenames to be the translated ones.

Autoorganize.png

Edited by danergo

danergo

Also, there is a failure in listing series in auto-organize by listing series multiple times. (In metadata manager, there is only one instance).

autoorganize_fail1.png

danergo

Also, there is another failure: when auto-organize detects a series invalid, it immediately tries moving to the (wrongly) identified directory.

How can I change this identification? (I know I can re-identify in metadata. But I wish to keep the filesystem organized).

autoorganizefail2.png

danergo

Biggest fail: complete mess of identification. See the filenames and directory names on my attachment. Complete mess.

autoorganize_fail3.png

danergo

Can I build my own auto-organize plugin while keeping the Premier version of Emby? I don't want to wait more to get these features.

Thx.

danergo

Ahh, beta is NOT using HW acceleration at all. Sorry I'll have to go back to stable. It's way too unusable currently.

Edited by danergo