Scheduled task scan per library

kufkis

kufkis

The TLDR of this post is that I would like to have a scheduled scan task per library because 2 libraries only need to be scanned at application startup (and then idle down) but the 3rd library needs live monitoring.  The problem is that when I enable real time monitoring for my "always on" library, emby will basically DOS (denial-of-service) the server.

CPU:  51% usr   9% sys   0% nic  37% idle   1% io   0% irq   0% sirq
Load average: 0.96 0.94 0.84 
54% /system/EmbyServer -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3

When I simply disable "enable real time monitoring" for that library and setup a scheduled task to scan my library at 1 minute intervals, the server load decreases immensely.

CPU:   0% usr   0% sys   0% nic  98% idle   0% io   0% irq   0% sirq
Load average: 0.14 0.20 0.22 
0% /system/EmbyServer -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3

The new problem that this creates is that my large archived libraries on my 6TB drives will always be spinning now and not idling down like they do when I schedule my library scans for startup only and have my smaller library drive set to real time monitoring. 

My request is If I could keep my scheduled task to scan my entire library at startup but also have a scheduled interval scan setup only for the smaller "always on" library so my large archive libraries can idle down instead of spinning 24/7.

Everything works as it should when I use the "real time monitoring" feature only for my smaller archive but running my emby server under load just for this single feature is not preferable.

GrimReaper

Hi, there's already an open request for this or something functionally equivalent. Please join in and contribute to the existing discussion at: