Request to pass AC-4 and VC-1 untouched to new Fire Cube

cncb

On 5/17/2023 at 2:32 PM, cncb said:

The Recordings library does not seem to have a "Default Screen" setting unlike other libraries.  Maybe because it is a "mixed" library?

That's right. Exposing these options for mixed content libraries is something we'll need to look at. Thanks.

80srule

I find the standard Emby app for android to be much slower on the fire devices. I do not have a new cube but I have a 4k stick 4k Max and I have android tv boxes. The android tv both a ONN one from Walmart (the one from last year not the new google tv one) and a hako Pro. Both work decently enough with the mobile/Standard but it is still slower then the ATV version. MUCH much slower on the fire devices. 
Is there a way I can show you the time delay in doing different things? A video or maybe a log file not sure. I am hoping if I show you I can better give you an idea of what I see. 

On 5/31/2023 at 1:29 AM, 80srule said:

I find the standard Emby app for android to be much slower on the fire devices. I do not have a new cube but I have a 4k stick 4k Max and I have android tv boxes. The android tv both a ONN one from Walmart (the one from last year not the new google tv one) and a hako Pro. Both work decently enough with the mobile/Standard but it is still slower then the ATV version. MUCH much slower on the fire devices. 
Is there a way I can show you the time delay in doing different things? A video or maybe a log file not sure. I am hoping if I show you I can better give you an idea of what I see. 

If it weren't any slower than what would you say?

80srule
2 hours ago, Luke said:

If it weren't any slower than what would you say?

It's fine othewise other than a few GUI changes. I do like the horizontal interface aspect other then I dont know where to go where I have my next up as I do in the vertical. It seems to only show continue watching. But otherwise it's a different change I do like. 
Is there anyway to have it give an error message when it can't play rather then just doing nothing? I would like the horizontal look on the ATV version

Edited by 80srule

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2023 at 4:03 PM, 80srule said:

Is there anyway to have it give an error message when it can't play rather then just doing nothing? I would like the horizontal look on the ATV version

Hi, we already do this. Can we please go over an example?

Thanks.

80srule
On 6/15/2023 at 11:20 AM, Luke said:

Hi, we already do this. Can we please go over an example?

Thanks.

ATV will say too many errors can't connect or can't reach server. The android version just doesnt do anything doesnt give an error.

On 6/16/2023 at 11:34 PM, 80srule said:

ATV will say too many errors can't connect or can't reach server. The android version just doesnt do anything doesnt give an error.

Doesn't do anything when what? Trying to reach the server, or trying to play?

80srule
On 6/18/2023 at 2:21 PM, Luke said:

Doesn't do anything when what? Trying to reach the server, or trying to play?

When trying to play a file it gives no error like the ATV version.