Double Role Voice Actors Deleted After Metadata Refresh

vincend87
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

vincend87

I use Emby for my anime collection since I mainly watch the series in German, and I want to have the German voice actors listed. Unfortunately, the scrapers can only find Japanese voice actors, so I'm doing the work of changing them for over 500 series. However, after a while of work, I noticed that voice actors who have a double role are being deleted, except for the first one entered. Once I update the metadata, only one voice actor is left. I'm now a bit frustrated and hope that there will be a solution for this issue.

Hello vincend87,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

vincend87

For example, in the anime A.I.C.O. Incarnation, Christian LEONARD voices the character Kouichi Tachibana and also voices the character Hori. I can enter and save his information for both characters in the metadata editor and check the box to prevent future changes. However, even though the server automatically searches for metadata, Christian LEONARD is still listed as the voice actor for Kouichi Tachibana, but the entry stating that he is also the voice actor for Hori has disappeared.

Happy2Play

How are you adding it as two people with different roles or one person with two roles?

example from a movie, one person 3 characters.

image.png.cb65ec6eea48e853c27071f3c0b80202.png

GrimReaper

Are you locking those actors? And what kind of Metadata Refresh you're doing, Replace all or Search for missing? 

vincend87

The Actors are locked. 

Every actor that I added after the first one disappears.

Only the first one remains, and all other changed metadata remains as I edited them.

It happens on both metadata refresh. and on the autotask 

• Solution
Happy2Play

Will have to test but it is one person with two roles not two people.  I will guess when person externalids are discovered they are merged.  As Emby does not do individual characters when they have more than one role.

Might get away with it if you have fully locked metadata but technically would be considered two different people with same name.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Agree 1

vincend87
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Will have to test but it is one person with two roles not two people.  I will guess when person externalids are discovered they are merged.  As Emby does not do individual characters when they have more than one role.

Might get away with it if you have locked metadata but technically would be considered two different people with same name.

Okay i Understand, i think your first Answer with the example is the best solution for this problem 

Thank you very much for the help