Emby Server/Theater + MPC-HC + madVR

Kosta

Hello,

I was led to believe that a combination of the above provides an ability to remember watched-unwatched status centrally (on the server) and also remember playback-positions.

Is that correct?

If so, I am looking to set up a following system:

Emby Server and Theater is running in the virtual machine (currently Server 2019, but I am flexible, has to stay Windows though due to madVR), together with madVR and MPC-HC.

With this setup, I can use a passthrough to give my Windows machine my 3080 GPU, which will be used for both Transcoding (for underway) and madVR when watching on the projector screen in the home cinema. So the requirement is also to playback media on an iPhone/iPad transcoded.

The basic requirement though is that Emby remembers stopped positions AND watched-status of the media. Better said: the times have to be pushed to the player and when stopping or closing the player, the times have to be picked up by Emby (I believe this is what's not working).

Furthermore, it will be also used for my music library to play underway, streaming FLAC files mostly.

I used to have Plex, changed to Jellyfin, but both mentioned servers don't have the above ability.

Also, my playback-devices are usual browsers like Edge, as mentioned iPhone/iPad and Nvidia Shield. Maybe AppleTV in the future.

Can you confirm please, before I start testing?

Thank you.

Edited by Kosta

Hi, we can pass the start time to mpc, provided you configure the external player command line arguments correctly to do that.

We don't pull the time from the external player after you're done because there's no universal way to do that. In other words, we'd have to get into mpc-specific development in order to do that.