About Apple Tv app 1.7.0 - Audio without video - ES 4.7.10.0

CarlosLima

CarlosLima

Hi,
I ran into an issue where when playing a video (movie or tv episode) only the audio is played and the video is not. Obviously I tested it on several videos and all in standard .mp4 format with 2 channel audio.
It turns out that if the video is started in any other Emby app or even in a browser, when pausing and continuing watching on Apple TV, the problem does not happen even if the video is restarted from the beginning.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

CarlosLima

Video 1 plays in the Appletv app from Continue Watching and there is no problem playing.
Client Audio:
Now at 21:19 I'm putting it on Continue watching and it's working normally.

Video 2 is played starting in the Appletv app where the image is not displayed but only the audio.
Client Audio:
21:15 will start playing now; Just the audio.

Edited by CarlosLima

• 2 weeks later...
CarlosLima

Hi,
As it is not possible to post in the topic above, I take advantage of this related topic to ask for the update of version releases for Apple TV, as it is still in version 1.5.2 and we are already in version 1.7.0, if I am not mistaken. Thanks

• 1 month later...
davidh2k

Could it be that the Bug is still occurring or that it was re-introduced in 1.7.2? My cousin could play stuff via Airplay (Mirroring) fine 3 days ago, but yesterday he couldn't view any file at all (even low bitrate SD stuff, with and without bitrate lowering to trigger a recode server side etc. - we checked multiple files with different h264 profiles etc., since at first i thought it was an issue with the specific h264 profile/level since they were different from episode to episode). Only audio, no video. Restarted everything multiple times. Maybe he got pushed the 1.7.2 which was released on the 30th between three days ago and yesterday.

The Apple TV in Question is the 2021 4K model.

Edited by davidh2k

davidh2k

Since I can't edit anymore, I want to add that we tried both airplay and using the app on the AppleTV for playback. All Files were direct playing (except when we lowered the bitrate to test if a forced transcode would change something).

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2023 at 5:17 AM, davidh2k said:

Since I can't edit anymore, I want to add that we tried both airplay and using the app on the AppleTV for playback. All Files were direct playing (except when we lowered the bitrate to test if a forced transcode would change something).

Can we please see a specific example?

Thanks.