Roku Playback Hangs at 99%

Martini

Hello, 

I'm new to Emby and I'm having issues playing my media on a Roku.  I can see my server and files, but when playing, I just see a spinning circle at 99%.  This never goes away.  When checking my Emby Server dashboard on my Windows PC, the activity shows I watched the episode even though it never displayed.  Attached is a log for my most recent attempt.  I did check the Roku firmware and have the most recent version.

Any thoughts?

image.png.8a62f225e968c0172b55878d9e97f25a.png

ffmpeg-directstream-b0c2c1e3-1fb5-45ab-bcae-6c8ed7d48071_1.txt

Edited by Happy2Play
removed external address

Attached is the embyserver.txt, however, I was just playing videos on the PC to verify that they work, which they do.  Also attached is the FFmpeg log. 

Happy2Play: mpg files are the only files I have.  I have been using Freemake and that was the default file format.

Thank you so much!ffmpeg-directstream-b0c2c1e3-1fb5-45ab-bcae-6c8ed7d48071_1.txt

embyserver.txt

Hi.  I believe this is a server issue and it has been addressed for the next release of the server (4.8.x).

Thanks.

Happy2Play

Might be the Roku Range Requests issue but devs will have to comment.

image.thumb.png.f474b364c5a741b8e54b466b05b85edc.png

pwhodges

I thought the range-requests thing was a dead letter now.  I've removed my proxy's command to block them, and the Roku continues to work just fine.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
Martini

Unfortunately, yes.  My stand alone roku hangs on the loading circle 99%.  I have a smart TV with a Roku operating system and Emby works fine on that.  I've updated Roku firmware, but the stand alone box doesn't want to work.  I did download a beta Emby server, but that didn't change anything.

11 hours ago, Martini said:

I did download a beta Emby server, but that didn't change anything

There hasn't been a new beta version since this issue was identified.  Keep a look out for a new version soon.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Martini

I am unfortunately.  I’ve largely given up on it until I get a different Roku or migrate to different software.  Thanks for checking in.

On 4/27/2023 at 7:13 AM, Martini said:

I am unfortunately.  I’ve largely given up on it until I get a different Roku or migrate to different software.  Thanks for checking in.

OK, we think this is resolved in the beta server 4.8.0.34+ in case you're able to try that. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone needs immediate relief, we think there may be improvement with this in the upcoming 4.8 server release, in case you have any interest in trying the server beta channel.