Embycon keeps prompting to select a user

hbbs

Hi Embycon,

I decided to start using Embycon on my Kodi 20 install (LibreElec)  it is a very lightweight solution. I'm loving it.

That said, I'm encountering an issue.

Here's what happening. Every time my monitor comes back from saving mode (screensaver) a Kodi user login prompts up.

This is a very annoying issue. At first, I thought this was something related to Kodi itself, but after a search, I discovered that it was a bug with Embycon and that was already reported here at the forums back in 2019. A workaround is mentioned, but honestly,  this is not a fix.

Disabling the screensaver (energy mode) is not an option for me. Here is the post from 2019 from the user  @Polyzp_emby

This issue is very easy to replicate, I think. Just let LibreElec idle using the default settings.

When your screen goes to screensaver (it will dim)  hit a key on your remote/app and you will see a user login prompt comes up.

If I didn't do anything it closes itself out within less than a minute.

Is there a way to circumvent this issue without having to disable the energy mode screensaver?

Please, let me know.

Thanks

GrimReaper

Have you followed the steps denoted in pinned topic

On 10/18/2019 at 6:32 PM, TeamB said:

Why do I keep getting prompted to select a user?

By default when the screen saver is dismissed the select Emby user dialog will pop up.
You can turn this off in the Add-on settings.
EmbyCon Settings -> Events -> Screensaver -> Show change user dialog

I realized that I was running also an old version of EmbyCon. 

Then I saw your reply. I totally missed that setting earlier today when I was looking into Embycon settings.

And I didn't see that pinned post either.

Thank you, @GrimReaper it solved this issue.

• Like 1