Playback freeze after exactly 2 minutes on iPad

Unhidden8587

Unhidden8587

device: iPad Pro M1, iPadOS 16.3

emby server: 4.7.11.0

server: docker with Nvidia runtime, hardware acceleration enabled

Playback freeze after exactly 2 minutes on iPad. However, on Android client and web browser the playback of the same video is absolutely normal.

Also, if I use screen recording while playing the video, the screen recording also report error at exactly the same time the playback freeze. 

Log and screen record are attached, thanks.

ffmpeg-transcode-94638fba-681e-41f4-9ea9-6cab3bdf6357_1 (2).txt

Edited by Unhidden8587

Happy2Play

Log doesn't look quite right but believe have seen other iPad logs similar to this as there is no device info.

Not sure about this

Warning: The required encoding level (AvcLevel51) is greater than the maximum level supported by the client (AvcLevel41)

But this log is for episode 8 and you are playing episode 9 in the video and it is Direct Playing.  Can you post the server log also,

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Not sure about this

Warning: The required encoding level (AvcLevel51) is greater than the maximum level supported by the client (AvcLevel41)

Yep, hence wanted to check device info/capabilities and TranscodeReason, likely VideoLevelNotSupported but might as well be other - but they're missing. 

Aditionally, error entry present

04:31:51.494 Impossible to convert between the formats supported by the filter 'Parsed_null_0' and the filter 'auto_scale_0'
04:31:51.495 Error reinitializing filters!
04:31:51.495 Failed to inject frame into filter network: Function not implemented
04:31:51.495 Error while processing the decoded data for stream #0:0
04:31:51.558 Conversion failed!

@softworkz

8 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Log doesn't look quite right but believe have seen other iPad logs similar to this as there is no device info.

Not sure about this

But this log is for episode 8 and you are playing episode 9 in the video and it is Direct Playing.  Can you post the server log also,

If the client support only level 4.1, then it just can't handle 4k video.

@Unhidden8587 - Does it play when you reduce quality to 1080p ?

That ffmpeg log appears to be from the conversion or download feature, not from playback. Can you please attach the emby server log and ffmpeg log files from when you played the video? Thanks.

• Agree 1

Unhidden8587

More info: I started to play the video at around 20:34 and the playback froze at around 20:40:00 (my local time). I viewed the logs and I guess ffmpeg-transcode-24f4b708-0316-46ac-9add-a4b3823fc59f_1.txt should be the log file for the playback? Hope this information may help you, thanks.

• 4 weeks later...