MBS Does not handle ServerWMC host being down gracefully

moviefan

moviefan

So my desktop computer caught on fire last week.  Yes actual fire.  Luckily I was sitting there and extinguished it rather quickly before much damage was done.  Hitachi is RMAing the busted drive even though it was on fire.  Unfortunately the PSU is toast.  And as I was in the process of upgrading my rig to Haswell-E anyway I've just decided to sell it for parts and am waiting to set up my new system.

My desktop computer was running ServerWMC for my house so obviously I've been getting a lot of Guide Refresh failed messages which is fine.  

But the regular scan media library task now gets hung all the time too.  I even setup my home HTPC last night as a temporary ServerWMC server to try and fix the issue which did for a while.  Before I turned it off at night to go to sleep and woke up with the scan media task hung once again and needing to reboot.

I guess my only option is to completely remove the server plugin and lose all of my settings until my new system is setup to run ServerWMC in order to maintain stability?  Is there anyway to just get MB to ignore the issue temporarily or formally error out on that task and just move on to continue the scan?

There doesnt seem to be any way of just setting the server IP address to null as I was hoping.  Any other ideas?

Thanks.

that's exactly what it does. the library scan has nothing to do with live tv. i think you're probably thinking that's what it is because it seems like a logical thing to point to.

moviefan

that's exactly what it does. the library scan has nothing to do with live tv. i think you're probably thinking that's what it is because it seems like a logical thing to point to.

When the HTPC I setup is active and running ServerWMC the media scan works fine.

As soon as I shut it down the scans start failing again.

I'll grab a log and post it tonight..  I just figured this was the same behavior everyone was seeing since its been consistent for me.