M1/M2 GPU acceleration support

BBQThunder

100Tomer

It seems the new 4.8 release does not includes M1 acceleration support. Does anyone know when will this be added? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
digiti

Waiting anxiously for the ARM / M1-M3 support update. I have high hopes that my M1 would work better with DoVi HDR 10 etc than the latest (and yet old) Nvidia Shield Pro. I also have 2.5G network ready with NAS waiting for using Emby on my M1.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
100Tomer

Is there any news? It’s been years since the M1 release and version 4.8 still doesn’t support it.. 

• Agree 2

BBQThunder
2 hours ago, 100Tomer said:

Is there any news? It’s been years since the M1 release and version 4.8 still doesn’t support it.. 

I have been looking into JellyFin which is an open source version of Emby.  It appears JellyFin has M1/M3 hardware acceleration support.  The only downside I see is that the JellyFin server GUI needs to have Rosetta installed to run.  I am not sure when/if they will have Apple Silicon support. 

https://github.com/gnattu/jellyfin.org/blob/apple-doc/docs/general/administration/hardware-acceleration/apple.md

kalanihelekunihi

I feel like a complete idiot subscribing to Emby Premiere, where we’d be lied to for years now about “no really, we are doing it… please just be patient.”

• 2 weeks later...
TroyKing
On 2/20/2023 at 10:31 PM, Luke said:

Hi, we are working on it and hope to have it included in the upcoming 4.8 server release.

Any updates on this? It's been over a year

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
100Tomer

Is there any updates? Even an estimated time for the feature will be better then nothing..