Stuttering Video playback

sparris

5 minutes ago, sparris said:

Would it help to deinstall and install the server new again?

Well of course you can try, but I would guess probably not. What is the bitrate of this video?

Today I installed the Emby Windows Server .. there playback is no problem.

I then again deleted emby and reinstalled on the Synology NAS, but still have this stuttering during playback.

Are there any settings I can make on the Synology side to improve, e.g. more cache ?!? Why is there the stuttering when playback trough Emby server, but direct streaming with VLC is no problem?

embyserver (3).txt ffmpeg-directstream-d65d8334-194f-4b8b-b45a-cc4b4c13b940_1.txt

rbjtech

How was the Windows Emby server setup to use the media - did you point the library to the Synology NAS via SMB ?

If yes, then you are effectively loading the 'media' over the network (via SMB), emby is then converting into HTTP (on your Windows machine), and then it is streaming it to your Android client.

With emby running on the synology,   the synology itself is having to convert the media from the local file system to HTTP - and with high bitrate content, it simply may not have the raw cpu to do this.

Is there any way to see the cpu on the synology ?

Edited by rbjtech

wmichael3

Possibly different issue:  I am getting unwatchable jerkiness/stuttering on Android TV on Google TV with Live TV with version .87g - the playback is Direct Play.    Not sure when the app update was pushed out or received but if I go back to .83g the problem goes away.  I have disabled automatic updates because.....Superbowl.

This occurs on two different Google TV dongles. 

But .92 on Android tablet and playback via browser both work fine.  Server is 4.7.11.0.  You will probably ask me to sideload the Android version and try that.  But not today because.....Superbowl.  I can try that tomorrow.

2 hours ago, wmichael3 said:

The Android version does not have the problem.

Are you happy with continuing to use that?

wmichael3

Well, certainly the Android version has come a long way on Google TV  - but the UI still feels slower to draw than the Android TV version and just philosophically, I'd rather not be running sideloaded apps as a general rule.  Heck in fruit world, you can't even do that.