Stuttering Video playback

sparris

Hi to all,

my server is running on a Synology 214+ NAS and the app is running on a Shield.

On certain films I have a pause for a few seconds every few minutes. What information can I provide in order for you to have a look?

Thanks in advance!

Just tried the latest beta emby server and reinstalled the app on gshield, but still have the same problem … anybody else?

Hi, I am playing a MKV file at 11:45 in the log file. the stream starts normally and then every few seconds it pauses for 2-3 seconds and then continues ... seems like it is buffering?

I tried the option "Use external Player" and selected VLC ...same isssue. If a open VLC on the same device separatly and connect via UPNP ... streaming the MKV file is no problem.

Is there maybe a server setting wrong?

That is a very high bitrate.  The network may just be struggling with that.  Wireless?

Have you tried lowering the quality setting in the app?

The network is all wired … when lowering the quality below 100 mbps I only see the loading icon when starting the film, then returns to start screen

as mentioned when I play directly via vlc there is no problem, but if I use vlc as external player in emby there is same problem.

19 hours ago, sparris said:

when lowering the quality below 100 mbps I only see the loading icon when starting the film, then returns to start screen

Hi.  Actually, you should get a message about too many errors there too and that is because you have disabled the ability of the server to transcode:

EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: False EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: False

15 minutes ago, sparris said:

Hi, all 4 options are selected as you posted above. I thought transcoding by the server is only supported with premiere?!

No, that's not true. It's hardware transcoding support that requires Emby Premiere.

4 hours ago, sparris said:

Hi, all 4 options are selected as you posted above

Hi.   They weren't selected for the user  that attempted playback in that log...