YTTV in Emby?

Sammy

In a few months my super discounted Spectrum TV comes to an end and we're locked in to them due to a promo $30/month cell service and zero interest phones for about a year after the promo price expires so switching the account from my wife to me as we normally do when promo rates expire becomes problematic. This brings me back to YouTubeTV which I had and enjoyed for quite some time a few years back when transitioning from WMC to Emby and Emby wasn't as polished as it is now.

Is  there a way to get YTTV (and Philo possibly) into Emby? ChannelsDVR maybe? TVE somehow?

Edited by Sammy

lightsout

Whats up Sammy, been a while. I am not sure this would be possible. Would be cool if so, but I am doubtful as guide and dvr is all handled internally with YTTV.

jachin99

Channels DVR would be your best bet but when I tried this, I was pretty dissapointed.  Channels can't import every channel from every provider, and they have to react to problems (like a channel not working) after they come up.  Cable is more reliable IMHO.  Maybe look into USTVNow and see if you can get a m3u list.  I think Kodi has an addon for it.  Its just an idea and its something you will have to chase down.  I chose cable over all of the alternatives but I have 2 maybe 3 cable providers in my area.  

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

So in addition to promos expiring, I was wondering why my bill this month was more than last month. Sneaky bastards over there at Spectrum doubled the CableCARD rental from $3 to $6 and bumped the "Broadcast Surcharge" from $18 to $22. Needless to say, with two CableCARDs my bill went up by $9/month just this month. The "rent" on the CableCARDs has increased from $2 to $6 over the last two years and they are the exact same piece of equipment they've always been and have been paid for countless times already so this is just pure profit and greed. The "Broadcast Surcharge" is a pass though I suppose but the greedy bastards at the locals keep driving that up as well. I'm sure Spectrum adds some internal cost recovery to this too. Over the last few years it has gone from somewhere around $11 to $22 creeping my bill up by just under $20 a month. In the meantime, YTTV and Philo have remained nearly the same but have creeped up too, probably from content providers wanting more.

If I drop CATV my package internet will go up by $30 a month and I've noticed creep in the base rate on that too but going to LiveTV Streaming and internet will be about $20 a month cheaper. If I drop CableCARD who knows if it will ever be available again so maybe it's time to get Son arr going as my DVR even more so than now. We watch limited live stuff now as it is so one must ask, WHY?

And they wonder why pirates abound.