Security Cams Channel Plugin

Cheesegeezer

Dickydodah!

I'm glad you're pleased 😁 not sure SWMBO will be when she finds I'm £42.31 lighter 😮

1. I had a little side bet with myself that it was the core as I have seen other weird effects in the server management GUI.

2. @softworkz be kind don't make @Cheesegeezer suffer, well not too much 🤣

3. 👍

4. I'll get my Tipex out and put a bit on the screen

5. But my time is precious, I could spend that minute pissing about with something else.

All fair enough, but worth putting out there. My camera should be here tomorrow so watch out for the next nitpicking list 🤣Oh and of course the stupid questions!

• Haha 1

Cheesegeezer

You are a special creature Dicky… at least I listen and give an honest response 😂 

so £42 lighter… hmm a good take away… lunch at the local with a couple of snifters… or some cash SWMBO can’t get her hands on… thats a win for me. 

my work here is done!! Hope you forget to turn the light off or leave the garage door open… it’s paid for itself then hahha

cant wait for anything you throw at me, but this is pretty much all i can do with channels. There is so much out of my hands and ive tried.

Dickydodah!

I'll take that as a compliment 😁 I never wanted to be normal and take offence at being classified as such. You have written some awesome plugins and I think you love the challenge. It is also very healthy to know the limits of your knowledge otherwise you can get bogged down in the minutia. It took me a long time to learn when to give up and try another way or even ask myself "why am I bothering?" I really do think that as a first try with channels this is awesome as it basically worked first time (I'm sure you had a "few" issues before you allowed us mere mortals to try it) I hope you will be releasing it into the catalogue soon so more can take advantage as I have seen quite a few posts asking how to do this. 

Cheesegeezer

@Dickydodah! let me know when you've tested.  Did you say that the camera arrives today?

i'm tempted just to release it.

It works well and does what it says on the tin.

Dickydodah!

It's due today, Estimated arrival 3:45 PM - 6:45 PM

It looks pretty ready to me. Some of the setup is a bit confusing so you might get a few questions. It's just getting your head around how it works in the Emby TV/recording scenario. Very obvious once you get it working 😁

I have a question 😮 Is the list of protocols all it can support or can others be added? MJPEG is one that I have used in the past. I expect the core is the limiting factor as it has to be able to play the resulting file/stream.

Cheesegeezer
4 minutes ago, Dickydodah! said:

It's due today, Estimated arrival 3:45 PM - 6:45 PM

It looks pretty ready to me. Some of the setup is a bit confusing so you might get a few questions. It's just getting your head around how it works in the Emby TV/recording scenario. Very obvious once you get it working 😁

I have a question 😮 Is the list of protocols all it can support or can others be added? MJPEG is one that I have used in the past. I expect the core is the limiting factor as it has to be able to play the resulting file/stream.

Mjpeg is a type of a protocol not an actual protocol, most likely a RTSP protocol but tge image delivery is mjpeg. 
click on the link for setup your camera and find it and look at all the possibilities you can choose from. But the cam you got will be the same as what i put in the destructions

Dickydodah!

I think the last time I setup a camera was about 8 years ago so my memory of it is a bit vague but I'm sure it will all come back. It was all a bit different back then.

Dickydodah!

My camera has arrived and I've got it connected but I have a few issues that are probably down to me mucking around with the settings too much. I will check through it all tomorrow and make a few tests and let you know how I get on. I will probably have a few questions about your setup so I can iron out any config issues I have.

Looking good so far, I think my issues are down to a low powered server not the plugin 🙂

Dickydodah!

@Cheesegeezer I've no idea what was going wrong but I deleted everything and started from scratch and it all works fine. I've noticed a couple of things that are a bit odd but I don't think it's anything to do with the plugin.

When watching a live stream it is always actually a bit behind actual live. Is it being transcoded? I guess it is from the Stats for Nerds below. Would the dropped frames be because my server is rather puny?

Stream

RTSP

HLS (140 mbps 20 fps)

Converting to compatible container

Video

1080p H264

Main 51 20 fps

Direct Play

Dropped Frames

Corrupted Frames

Time for a live release I'd say 😁

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
19 minutes ago, Dickydodah! said:

@Cheesegeezer I've no idea what was going wrong but I deleted everything and started from scratch and it all works fine. I've noticed a couple of things that are a bit odd but I don't think it's anything to do with the plugin.

When watching a live stream it is always actually a bit behind actual live. Is it being transcoded? I guess it is from the Stats for Nerds below. Would the dropped frames be because my server is rather puny?

Stream

RTSP

HLS (140 mbps 20 fps)

Converting to compatible container

Video

1080p H264

Main 51 20 fps

Direct Play

Dropped Frames

Corrupted Frames

Time for a live release I'd say 😁

If you were to have a tv channel playing via an aerial or satellite dish and then put the same on live tv thru emby you would see the same delay about 3-5 secs.

stats for nerds will give you the info you need. If its transcoding then it will be further behind because the frames are being processed.

thanks for the testing and feedback… I’m out today watching the six nations rugby so will release tomorrow along with my infinite hangover 😵 hahahaha 👍

• Haha 1

Cheesegeezer

This is now released to the Catalogue and available for download there.  Updates will come from there from now on.  Thanks to everyone for their help as always it's very much appreciated.

Enjoy

image.thumb.png.1a74ca8e9359d4d3ec4357f05ee678f7.png

• Like 3

arrbee99

Haven't got a security cam, but it's much more appreciated that you make the effort to come up with all this stuff...

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
39 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Haven't got a security cam, but it's much more appreciated that you make the effort to come up with all this stuff...

thanks arrbee. Just little things i can do. 

• 1 month later...
St3ini

Thanks for the Plugin - working good so far!

As I have a multi user server, is there any possibility to limit the access?
All Users can access this without limitation, but me, as the Administrator should have the control who can have access and who not.

Best option would be to decide on which user profil this plugin is allowed to access.
Like the user settings where you can check who will get access to which libary.

Ah and btw: an edit button for existing cameras would be great instead of deleting and re-creating :)

Edited by St3ini

GrimReaper

If you untick "All" under Channel access at the page bottom in user setting acees tab, is it listed? 

Edit: Alternatively, you could add a Block-type tag-based rule for desired user(s). 

Edited by GrimReaper
Append
  • Agree 1

Cheesegeezer
24 minutes ago, St3ini said:

Thanks for the Plugin - working good so far!

As I have a multi user server, is there any possibility to limit the access?
All Users can access this without limitation, but me, as the Administrator should have the control who can have access and who not.

Best option would be to decide on which user profil this plugin is allowed to access.
Like the user settings where you can check who will get access to which libary.

Ah and btw: an edit button for existing cameras would be great instead of deleting and re-creating :)

I am not sure there is a way to block access in the channels module at the moment.... I'm waiting for the new beta release, that may allow this.

Alternatively you can go into your users menu...

image.png.24e37872f80fe6303a823360958745dd.png

Click on the users you don't want to give access to, Untick Channel --> All and then deselect the Security Cams channel

image.png.c61072a30a72b8606a659f62f1d64f0c.png

Please note that if you are running a beta server.... these option are currently broken and you wont be able to do this.  This only works on Server Release Version 4.7.11

Cheers

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
27 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

If you untick "All" under Channel access at the page bottom in user setting acees tab, is it listed? 

Edit: Alternatively, you could add a Block-type tag-based rule for desired user(s). 

Sorry Grimmers I must have missed your post, but at least we are on the same page :D 

• Agree 1

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Sorry Grimmers I must have missed your post, but at least we are on the same page :D 

No worries, Cheesy, your answer was, as always, more verbose. 😉

Great minds think alike. 👍

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
6 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

No worries, Cheesy, your answer was, as always, more verbose. 😉

Great minds think alike. 👍

Do you use Lightshot - it's the best for screenshot and annotating extremely quickly.

LightShot - Download (softonic.com)

• Thanks 1

GrimReaper

Nope, I'm almost exclusively on my mobile  which is not on the same network as my server (me being onboard and cellphone being the only connection to the outside world), hence practically all my replies are verbal and from memory only, I very seldom attach screenshots as I am very seldom in front of an actual PC. Thanks, though, will check it out once back home and in online-phase of my existence. 😊

• Haha 1

Cheesegeezer
14 minutes ago, softworkz said:

Doesn't it upload all screenshots to their server?
(Russian company)

Nope, not that I’m aware of, but i will investigate further. 

Cheesegeezer
36 minutes ago, jspanitz said:

Anyone have any luck with Dahua cameras showing a static image for the thumbnail?

image.png.219d0292a0fe395824f77f35badf0354.png

You have to create your own poster, thumb, banner etc images yourself from a screenshot. I will look at this in the new server release, but the structure of emby requires this from a metadata provider to populate an image.

go to the 3 dots, select edit images and select your own images from a folder or url.