library scan never completes

StLDreiling
Go to solution Solved by StLDreiling,

StLDreiling

For the past week or so, manually triggered scans of my media library fail to complete. I do not have a scheduled task for full scans, only folder watching. Logs attached. There are no other discernable errors or limited/unavailable functionality, but until the server is restarted, folder watching is not reactivated. The scans consistently get to the completion percentage indicated in the clip below.

I am running the current stable (4.7.11.0) build of Emby Server as Windows service via NSSM on a headless Windows Server 2016 server powered by an Intel Core i9-9900K CPU with16Gb of DDR4 memory. Prior to posting, both the service and server have been restarted several times as I attempted to troubleshoot. I have also attempted the library scan after terminating the service and running Emby in a normal desktop session with the same results.

image.thumb.png.2600b1bb0ab145bb6fa9cf8de7d238f5.png

embyserver.txt

Edited by StLDreiling

StLDreiling
20 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, do you have any photo libraries added to Emby Server, by any chance?

@Luke, yes. I have a single "Photos" library and several mixed content libraries, some of which contain photos.

• Solution
StLDreiling

@Luke, the culprit appears to have been my TV library, specifically a periodic metadata refresh that the server was attempting to execute with the library scan. I didn't see anything in the logs to suggest why it was failing, but for whatever reason the scan just stalled and never completed. I disabled the metadata refresh for the library and re-ran the scan, which completed in the normal/expected amount of time. I would still like to (at some point) execute the metadata refresh on the library, but I'll figure that out some other way.

20 hours ago, StLDreiling said:

@Luke, the culprit appears to have been my TV library, specifically a periodic metadata refresh that the server was attempting to execute with the library scan. I didn't see anything in the logs to suggest why it was failing, but for whatever reason the scan just stalled and never completed. I disabled the metadata refresh for the library and re-ran the scan, which completed in the normal/expected amount of time. I would still like to (at some point) execute the metadata refresh on the library, but I'll figure that out some other way.

Please note, the periodic option is off by default, so this is only happening because you configured the library to do this.