sequel status and filtering

the8thbit
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

the8thbit

I'd love the ability to set a sequel status on films- either "unknown", "sequel", "has sequel", or "standalone" and then filter by those statuses.

This would be immensely useful for me because I love to use the shuffle function to get a random movie, but I've avoided adding sequels to my library because I don't want to get dropped into the middle of a film series. If I could set the filter to only show "has sequel" and "standalone" I'd be able to add sequels without worry.

Would be great if this could be automatically added with the metadata scraper, but if that's not possible I wouldn't mind going through my collection and setting them all myself.

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, the8thbit said:

if that's not possible I wouldn't mind going through my collection and setting them all myself

You should take a look at the Iconic plugin, you can tag those items and create a Tag rule badge. 

• Thanks 1

the8thbit
1 minute ago, GrimReaper said:

You should take a look at the Iconic plugin, you can tag those items and create a Tag rule badge. 

Can you filter by those tags, though? If I'm shuffling my films to pick a random one, changing the box art to have an icon doesn't really help me much.

• Solution
GrimReaper
19 minutes ago, the8thbit said:

Can you filter by those tags, though?

Sure, since they're tagged, you can filter on any tag, single or multiple.

• Like 1

the8thbit
21 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Sure, since they're tagged, you can filter on any tag, single or multiple.

That's amazing, thank you!!

• Like 1