Watch History - An Emby Channel Plugin

Cheesegeezer

Junglejim
2 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

you know you can just type a number in the limit box and then click outside of it and it will save that value.

Thanks mate, yea I tried this but it didn't work as expected. Will give it another go.

Cheesegeezer
10 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

Thanks mate, yea I tried this but it didn't work as expected. Will give it another go.

image.png.de2a94d0a0de3f35e7e59c28ffb82b3f.png

Junglejim
10 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Never dabled with virtual folders.

No I mean the channel plugin is a virtual lib, just like "Recently Added", "Trailers", "Top Picks" ...

They all add up in the library as a whole for such things as search, more like this, and even in other plugins like "Top Picks", "Statistics", "VirtualTV".. You get the idea.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
17 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Gave a run to 0.1.0.2, great to see some progress visible, nice work, Cheesy. 👍 On to some pending issues still:

Episode titles are now correctly picked-up, SxxExx visible in the title:

Excellent

However, parent series, Date Played and Playes are still NOT picked-up:

image.thumb.png.ba7fc7f7ada76f25d63f36078f6825c7.png

Ok so i have no idea why it's not populating because the information is there

image.thumb.png.4546e1987821a516f8ef798a31613602.png

Resulting in:

image.thumb.png.6f45d50bfc69c895d97ee41be2c2c434.png

(no PG rating also; already known no logo and no backdrop, likely back to no parent series issue, as those are both Series items)

As opposed to:

image.thumb.png.ed68c6891ee41767374e0ce6083e8585.png

image.thumb.png.c236f25546519513a3d77d66ec5257b1.png

And major issue present: all same SxxExx episodes get multi-versioned (likely due to same issue mentioned: no parent series and being interpreted as movies):

image.thumb.png.3793d0fdac80baa1fd3d2141d285fa40.png

Thought that's Watch History plugin not playing nice with Auto-organize, deinstalled Auto Organize and repeated process from scratch: remove Watch history, restart, refresh channels, reinstall Watch history, restart, refresh channels - no joy.

Thanks for the information.    I have populated every property available for what any channel requires to be displayed which is a ChannelItemInfo class.

No issues observed with movies, but besides external links there were none to begin with.

👍

Not daring to test Unlimited, keeping it on 100 and while the task itself took only few minutes (3), ffprobing afterwards took considerable time, roughly 30 minutes (47 users x 100 = 4700 items), during which time majority of episode names nor item years nor movie backdrops get populated but it is done gradually, which might give impression to some users that something is off, maybe do not complete progress bar until actual work is done?

I'm not in charge of the Refresh internet channels Task that comes from emby core.

Yep, nice one, both number of users, title syntax and thumbs are correct.

👍

And you are right, still a no-go, Movies get sorted first having Date Played, episodes lag behind having NO Date played nor Plays, as mentioned above.

I don't know why this happens.  But i fear its possibly a way that emby organises channel content in the background

image.thumb.png.9321754a02b57a2f05ed891e29c84d0e.png

All in all, you're slowly getting there.

Cheers

Yeah, my first attempt at a channel.  Learning a lot.

What the users need to understand is a 3rd party dev only has control of information provided, layouts, images, display all comes from the core.  This is about as close as any 3rd party dev has at putting playable content into emby for users.

• Like 1

GrimReaper
7 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Ok so i have no idea why it's not populating because the information is there

image.thumb.png.4546e1987821a516f8ef798a31613602.png

Thanks for the information.    I have populated every property available for what any channel requires to be displayed which is a ChannelItemInfo class.

8 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I don't know why this happens.  But i fear its possibly a way that emby organises channel content in the background

Hopefully @Luke can give us some insight on all three points as to where it is breaking.

eah, my first attempt at a channel.  Learning a lot.

What the users need to understand is a 3rd party dev only has control of information provided, layouts, images, display all comes from the core.  This is about as close as any 3rd party dev has at putting playable content into emby for users.

And you're doing an amazing job, in addition to all of your other plugins which have benefitted community a whole lot. 👍🍻

Cheesegeezer
3 hours ago, Junglejim said:

No I mean the channel plugin is a virtual lib, just like "Recently Added", "Trailers", "Top Picks" ...

They all add up in the library as a whole for such things as search, more like this, and even in other plugins like "Top Picks", "Statistics", "VirtualTV".. You get the idea.

2 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Hopefully @Luke can give us some insight on all three points as to where it is breaking.

And you're doing an amazing job, in addition to all of your other plugins which have benefitted community a whole lot. 👍🍻

Progress Gents.

But i can't populate anything more. no matter what i try i can't get Episodes to play nice for plays, Date Played, etc

I'll upload the latest Dll and let you know when it's up

image.thumb.png.92c594ab417092d8adb950c7248a30f2.png

• Like 2

Cheesegeezer
9 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

There you go, nice one. 👏

I'm sure you'll figure out PlayDates and Plays eventually. 👍

it's not a case of figuring it out... it just doesn't pull that info... i showed you from my log, that information is in there when i pass it to the channel.. It's the other end(Emby) that isn't collecting it or using it, i can even prove that the watch count is in there too if you want.  

image.png.e26b6cbc89ff9a3f9b86d0030054923c.png

Cheesegeezer

V0.1.0.3 is up on first post 

1. Fix series name not being populated.
  2. some other stuff too, can't remember
  • Like 2

GrimReaper

Spun 0.1.0.3.

Getting more episode data, parent series and PG rating as well, all links likewise.

image.thumb.png.e494a6788cca8fc93107635d3fbc6a64.png

image.thumb.png.acc55035c5b537a915068ee87fdb108c.png

image.thumb.png.c73a3dee0722def92412e68291568368.png

Multi-versioning of all same SxxExx episodes is still an issue.

Also Series title and backdrop are not linked to actual resource, as it is for movies:

image.thumb.png.c5ee28136eee20244fe0d57d952b1c5b.png

And already mentioned Date Played/Plays on episodes.

Cheesegeezer
14 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Spun 0.1.0.3.

Getting more episode data, parent series and PG rating as well, all links likewise.

image.thumb.png.e494a6788cca8fc93107635d3fbc6a64.png

image.thumb.png.acc55035c5b537a915068ee87fdb108c.png

image.thumb.png.c73a3dee0722def92412e68291568368.png

Multi-versioning of all same SxxExx episodes is still an issue.

Also Series title and backdrop are not linked to actual resource, as it is for movies:

image.thumb.png.c5ee28136eee20244fe0d57d952b1c5b.png

And already mentioned Date Played/Plays on episodes.

Thanks Grimmers...

When you say multiversion, are you saying they are missing or they are all present.

Remember this is a Watch history not another library, so to be accurate, i think displaying the mediasource that was watched should be the only one shown.  and not all of them

Appreciate your eye for detail.

So to be clear.

Current outstanding issues are...

1. Date Played not populating
  2. Play Count not populating
  3. Decision to be made on the items mediasources.  do we take the one that was watched or the list all of them.

Anything else you can think of?

Cheers again

• Like 1

GrimReaper

When you say multiversion, are you saying they are missing or they are all present.

They are ALL present in ALL episodes that are same SxxEyy, every episode of every series that is same S/E has Version menu with all same SxxEyy episodes listed:

22 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

And major issue present: all same SxxExx episodes get multi-versioned (likely due to same issue mentioned: no parent series and being interpreted as movies):

image.thumb.png.3793d0fdac80baa1fd3d2141d285fa40.png

Thought that's Watch History plugin not playing nice with Auto-organize, deinstalled Auto Organize and repeated process from scratch: remove Watch history, restart, refresh channels, reinstall Watch history, restart, refresh channels - no joy.

Edit: Don't know how else to explain it. That dropdown contains all different series S02E02 episodes and it is present on any of those episodes in various shows.

Current outstanding issues are...

1. Date Played not populating
  2. Play Count not populating
  3. Decision to be made on the items mediasources.  do we take the one that was watched or the list all of them.

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Didn't catch that one, sorry?

Anything else you can think of?

Yup, as mentioned above: 

4. Pull and link Series logo and backdrop to display on Watch History episode entry detail screen, same as movie logo and backdrop is pulled and displayed on WH movie entry detail screen.

Edited by GrimReaper

Cheesegeezer
16 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

They are ALL present in ALL episodes that are same SxxEyy, every episode of every series that is same S/E has Version menu with all same SxxEyy episodes listed:

1. Yes

2. Yes

Cool so thats done

3. Didn't catch that one, sorry?

it's ok, this is the thing that you were saying that everything is being grouped.  So... Do you have Mike Planets Auto collections installed?  I think it's probably this causing it.  But i can update that plugin also to ignore the watch history channel if thats the case.

Yup, as mentioned above: 

4. Pull and link Series logo and backdrop to display on Watch history episode entry detail screen, same as movie logo and backdrop is pulled and displayed on WH movie entry detail scree.

I don't think i have access to do this.  Or i'll have to figure out a work around somehow.

But all in all, i say that it is working pretty good and it achieves what it sets out to do.

definitely 1 for the TODO list

is to Seperate Movies and TV Shows as seperate categories under the Users History.  otherwise like you say Movies get the priority and then episodes follow.  Even tho the list i populate is in the correct order and should be displayed like that. 

I'll speak with @softworkz  he has some really good knowledge about channels and it was him that springboarded me for this.

Thanks again. 

Right i'm off to enjoy a friday with the lads at the pub, so i'll not touch this until tomorrow or sunday even.

Have a good weekend 

• Like 1

GrimReaper

it's ok, this is the thing that you were saying that everything is being grouped.  So... Do you have Mike Planets Auto collections installed?  I think it's probably this causing it.  But i can update that plugin also to ignore the watch history channel if thats the case.

Sorry, my bad, it was Auto grouping not Auto organize that I thought is creating those multiversioning, so I removed it, turned out it is not so no need to update that one, there's some other underlying issue.

4 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I don't think i have access to do this.  Or i'll have to figure out a work around somehow.

Fingers crossed. Considering movies do get them, I reckon it can be reasonably assumed that series can get them also.

5 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

But all in all, i say that it is working pretty good and it achieves what it sets out to do.

It sure is, great stuff and functionally practically already there, pending issues are mostly eye-sores, and I'm a bit OCD-ish. 😏

definitely 1 for the TODO list

is to Seperate Movies and TV Shows as seperate categories under the Users History.  otherwise like you say Movies get the priority and then episodes follow.  Even tho the list i populate is in the correct order and should be displayed like that. 

Yeah, nice one.

Right i'm off to enjoy a friday with the lads at the pub, so i'll not touch this until tomorrow or sunday even.

Have a good weekend 

Likewise, do enjoy. 🍻

Cheers

Junglejim

@Cheesegeezer Nice work mate, its getting there. 👍

17 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

image.png.de2a94d0a0de3f35e7e59c28ffb82b3f.png

I can't seem to get this to work set to "10", it says min is 100 so it seems that's what I get.

Also the version for episodes as @GrimReaper pointed out, that is strange...

Screenshot_2023-01-28_14-52-06.thumb.png.a506b16c7734746f8dffe8000f17af65.png

The drop down list for the versions option of that episode is huge and contains every S01E07 episode that has been watched.

Here is a screen of the meta below, it just keeps going and going..

Screenshot_2023-01-28_14-51-29.thumb.png.5d99d003e8010152a030e148454b2cad.png

Maybe the channel plugin doesn't like tv series/episodes. :)

Edit: Maybe it could be because it mixed library?

Edited by Junglejim
  • Like 1

Cheesegeezer
19 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

@Cheesegeezer Nice work mate, its getting there.

thanks Jim, its down to you and grimmers, helping me and guiding me on what the users want

I can't seem to get this to work set to "10", it says min is 100 so it seem that's what I get.

i’ll just change it to an input text field, but only accepts numbers. Then i think everyone will be happy… errr well maybe lol 😆 

Also the version for episodes as @GrimReaper pointed out, that is strange...

Screenshot_2023-01-28_14-52-06.thumb.png.a506b16c7734746f8dffe8000f17af65.png

The drop down list for the versions option of that episode is huge and contains every S01E07 episode that has been watched.

yup it’s crazy isn’t it. I will tackle this over the weekend.

Here is a screen of the meta below it just keeps going and going..

Screenshot_2023-01-28_14-51-29.thumb.png.5d99d003e8010152a030e148454b2cad.png

Maybe the channel plugin doesn't like tv series/episodes. :)

Hmm yeah,  episodes do require a lot more info to be stored with them. So it could be that emby didn’t expect channels to use existing library content. Or its me.

like i said, ill give @softworkz a chap at the door and see if he has any tips. He has access to the repo and can see the code. So hopefully he can see the errors of my ways 😬 

sorry if lots of spelling mistake, I’m somewhat inebriated with whisky and cider lol 😂 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Junglejim

thanks Jim, its down to you and grimmers, helping me and guiding me on what the users want

i’ll just change it to an input text field, but only accepts numbers. Then i think everyone will be happy… errr well maybe lol 😆 

yup it’s crazy isn’t it. I will tackle this over the weekend.

Hmm yeah,  episodes do require a lot more info to be stored with them. So it could be that emby didn’t expect channels to use existing library content. Or its me.

like i said, ill give @softworkz a chap at the door and see if he has any tips. He has access to the repo and can see the code. So hopefully he can see the errors of my ways 😬 

sorry if lots of spelling mistake, I’m somewhat inebriated with whisky and cider lol 😂 

Yeah no rush mate, take your time and enjoy your whisky and cider and have a good weekend. I've downed a few beers myself (that's what weekends are for right). 🍻

I edited my post just before you posted, not sure if you caught it. It was concerning mixed content library's and the channel plugin?

GrimReaper
12 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

I edited my post just before you posted, not sure if you caught it. It was concerning mixed content library's and the channel plugin?

What do you mean by that, JJ? Your TV shows are in mixed content-type library?

Edited by GrimReaper
Typo

Junglejim
1 minute ago, GrimReaper said:

What do you mean by that, JJ? Your TV shows are in mixed type content library?

No mate, my library's are all standard. I was referring to the channel plugin having problems combining movies and tvshows.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Cheesegeezer

NOW AVAILABLE THRU THE PLUGIN CATALOGUE.

I've fixed the issue with the display limit not working.  

I will need to figure out the strange list of all episodes with the same Season and Episode indexes.

I may need to force the split versions option in the code when running the the channels refresh task.

Enjoy and thanks to everyone that's helped this get to release.

image.thumb.png.d76843ae773d8ffd04fea347859c59ea.png

• Like 3

MBSki
20 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

NOW AVAILABLE THRU THE PLUGIN CATALOGUE.

I've fixed the issue with the display limit not working.  

I will need to figure out the strange list of all episodes with the same Season and Episode indexes.

I may need to force the split versions option in the code when running the the channels refresh task.

Enjoy and thanks to everyone that's helped this get to release.

image.thumb.png.d76843ae773d8ffd04fea347859c59ea.png

This is awesome! Thank you @Cheesegeezer!

I do have a couple of questions. It looks like it's only reporting 1 date that something was played. What if a movie or episode was played multiple times? Is that history available in the db?

And, the settings don't seem to save for some reason. I unchecked the limit, but every time I reopen the settings it shows as checked. 

Cheesegeezer
47 minutes ago, MBSki said:

I do have a couple of questions. It looks like it's only reporting 1 date that something was played. What if a movie or episode was played multiple times? Is that history available in the db?

only the date last played is saved for each user. The play counter should work in table view but its not working from episodes.

47 minutes ago, MBSki said:

And, the settings don't seem to save for some reason. I unchecked the limit, but every time I reopen the settings it shows as checked. 

Ahh maybe an error on my part. 

Cheesegeezer
4 hours ago, MBSki said:

V1.0.0.1 Is up.

This fixes the Display limit bug.  Sorry... copy and paste syndrome... oops.  Should be good now!!

• Thanks 2

Junglejim

Thanks mate, this is looking good!

Still got a few problems but I'm sure you will sort them out.

First is the watched order... I've been re-watching "Game of Thrones" for the past couple of weeks but the watched order is all over the place.

Screenshot_2023-02-06_20-13-11.thumb.png.5f72e4a86ca72777d27c7d2376b23c77.png

I have the limit set to 10 (thanks for that fix) and "sort by date played descending" but it seems all mixed up. Obviously I'm not watching it in that order. :) (ignore "How the universe works", I haven't watched that for a few weeks and if I do its random episodes)

I'm not sure if limiting the display to 10? Or if you worked out how to fix the multi episode thing with TV episodes but that seems fixed, for me at least. ;) Screenshot_2023-02-06_20-13-52.thumb.png.48158da354ee065c6464264880bdfc07.png

As you can see I get no extra artwork, not sure what's going on there. No big deal anyway.

Edited by Junglejim

Cheesegeezer
5 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

Thanks mate, this is looking good!

Still got a few problems but I'm sure you will sort them out.

First is the watched order... I've been re-watching "Game of Thrones" for the past couple of weeks but the watched order is all over the place.

This is how i add the list of items in the plugin and debug log shows the correct order.

image.thumb.png.34a66401583e9cd73fc754808430fa52.png

Then when i go to the Channel it doesn't display them properly...   I dont know how to fix this.  Because my code is logical and correct but the display isn't.

image.thumb.png.d0dae1dd7a6e6ce399419cd1d9c5f2b3.png

5 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

I have the limit set to 10 (thanks for that fix) and "sort by date played descending" but it seems all mixed up. Obviously I'm not watching it in that order. :) (ignore "How the universe works", I haven't watched that for a few weeks and if I do its random episodes)

I'm not sure if limiting the display to 10? Or if you worked how to fix the multi episode thing with TV episodes but that seems fixed, for me at least. ;) Screenshot_2023-02-06_20-13-52.thumb.png.48158da354ee065c6464264880bdfc07.png

As you can see I get no extra artwork, not sure what's going on there. No big deal anyway.

I don't either, i don't know why because the whole item is being returned, but it may be because the way channels is set up that it looks for the item backdrop, now generally episodes dont have logo's or backdrops these are taken from the series level not the episode level.

I don't know enough at the moment on how channels utilese information/and or artwork, but my above assumption should be correct.

• Like 1