Watch History - An Emby Channel Plugin

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer
Just now, Dibbes said:

@Cheesegeezer What's this Youtube plugin? 🙂 Don't think I've seen it in the catalog

It's a personal project. It would violate Emby T&C's so wont ever be released.  Sorry

Dickydodah!
2 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

It's a personal project. It would violate Emby T&C's so wont ever be released.  Sorry

could be released as a Jellyfin plugin with a port to Emby available for those who know how 😉 😮

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 1

Pog22

Is it possible to use this but anonymise the user? As in show the watch history but don't name the user?

Cheesegeezer
19 minutes ago, Pog22 said:

Is it possible to use this but anonymise the user? As in show the watch history but don't name the user?

Hi Pog, yes this is in the works, i just haven’t had time to complete and release yet. 

83827A56-7B6D-4BA9-BE13-87F7093538FA.png.0903049bfc90ae1eabcef77f3072a073.png

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer

@softworkz would it be possible for you to lend an eye on the my source code. No rush at all, but would really appreciate your expertise please. 😉

TV Episodes prove to be a big problem for this plugin.  

Movies is absolutely fine.  I have 3 users :- me, kidsTest and Sophie.  i have divvied up my movies (7 or 8 in my dev machine) so kids watched the 1 kid movie, i have watched 4 movies and sophie has watched the other 2.  

Movies watch history is perfect everyones displays.

image.thumb.png.3c84f148ed52c798f47cff711c0cff96.png

TV shows is a completely different kettle of frogs.

this only shows the my episode history for all users, even tho i have collected all the users watched episodes.

There is no play counts in the table either.... 

image.thumb.png.e96a509e4fd01938b43daceb35351759.png

I'll point out i'm using 4.7.9 nuget and also 4.7.11 Server 

image.png.866f8423973eab60b980275afed5ed38.png

image.png.ce8e4dbf870f425e5a7f8d780047c6dc.png

Be great if you could help me... or if there is a reason why things aren't populating correctly.

image.png

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Are you trying to have it match the data from the original library item?

I am gonna say yes.. the point is to be a watch history but tv shows don’t play ball where movies definitely do

On 3/6/2023 at 11:50 AM, Cheesegeezer said:

@softworkz would it be possible for you to lend an eye on the my source code. No rush at all, but would really appreciate your expertise please.

The truth is that I know less about the subject than you do, so I would need to work through all of this from the ground up.

But if you have a specific question, I can try to get an answer for you.

Does the Series from the channel have all of the same ProviderIds as the series from the library?

Cheesegeezer
8 hours ago, Luke said:

Does the Series from the channel have all of the same ProviderIds as the series from the library?

Thanks look,  i will double check when i get some time... 

Lambing has started, snow is in full effect.. trying to keep the cows, sheep, horses, chickens, ducks, dogs, and cats all happy.... as well as keeping Mrs.Cheese happy too hahaha

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
akacharos
On 3/5/2023 at 12:00 PM, Cheesegeezer said:

Hi Pog, yes this is in the works, i just haven’t had time to complete and release yet. 

83827A56-7B6D-4BA9-BE13-87F7093538FA.png.0903049bfc90ae1eabcef77f3072a073.png

I am really eager to get this feature, so I can enable this plugin. Going to each user's section is not that intuitive and my friends won't like others digging into their viewing habits.
However generic Watch History is a thing anyone will use to get recommendations on what to watch. 

So @Cheesegeezer, it is happening and it's a just a matter when?

• 3 months later...
joekrill

This plugin is causing an issue for a lot of people, and I'm not sure they even realize it. It causes movies to appear multiple times in various places. In particular: Collections, Search, and when viewing a person/cast member under the section that shows movies they are in. I'm not sure why it only happens to movies, and it's only in particular contexts, but it's very annoying. And a search for "emby duplicate movies" shows this happens a lot, and in many cases with no real resolution. They may not all be cause by this plugin, but this plugin definitely causes the issues. I was having the issue myself and as soon as I uninstalled this plugin, the issue completely went away. @LukeI've noticed in many of these threads you've replied and tried to help, so this might be useful information for you.

• 2 months later...
LwejC

How do I get rid of this plugin? I deleted it in the plugin section but it's still showing on the home page I just wanted to have a look at it and decided it wasn't for me

Junglejim
53 minutes ago, LwejC said:

How do I get rid of this plugin? I deleted it in the plugin section but it's still showing on the home page I just wanted to have a look at it and decided it wasn't for me

It creates a virtual library, so go to your admin settings (Server/Library) and remove it from there.

• Thanks 1