Watch History - An Emby Channel Plugin

Cheesegeezer

Junglejim

Thanks mate for the quick reply, I totally get the series artwork not getting picked up by the episode. 👍 As I said its not a big deal, you still have a idea of what was watched and that's the goal.

As for the watched order, if it can't be done then that's all good also. You still get a good idea of whats being watched (crazy order) :)

Edited by Junglejim

I love the idea of this type of channel. I was glad to see the ability to not include hidden user, that would unfortunately have been a deal breaker for my setup. But I also have the problem of some users not wanting other users to see what they are watching and when they are watching it. My suggestion would be to have an option to not show users at all, just show what has recently been watched/popular on the server. Please correct me if there is already a plugin to do this.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
6 minutes ago, pdavis said:

I love the idea of this type of channel. I was glad to see the ability to not include hidden user, that would unfortunately have been a deal breaker for my setup. But I also have the problem of some users not wanting other users to see what they are watching and when they are watching it. My suggestion would be to have an option to not show users at all, just show what has recently been watched/popular on the server. Please correct me if there is already a plugin to do this.

Hey fella, not a bad idea actually. I would still ned to get the users info as this is where all the lastplayed info is stored.

but you changed my thinking approach to some stumbling blocks that may fix them. And i think i can possibly incorporate this too.

my concern is possibly the parental control side… but lets see how it turns out before addressing that.

• Like 2

Cheesegeezer

Hahaha Bill, but it coukd be A Emby History Channel lol with softworkz as the narrator 

• Haha 1

Dickydodah!
16 minutes ago, BillOatman said:

@Cheesegeezer  Every time I see the title of this plugin, for a second I think it's a plugin to watch the history channel :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one 😁 however (for once) I decided to keep quiet about it.

Now if you could actually write a plugin to watch the History Channel, that would be awesome 🤣Possibly Historic 😁

Edited by Dickydodah!
  • Haha 1

Junglejim
11 hours ago, pdavis said:

Yeah I agree with this, users should just see what they have been watching and not what everyone is watching.

This could get confusing when 'Display in secondary home screen sections such as latest media and continue watching' is enabled because they see everything ("hey I haven't watched that"..) but it was my old man that watched it and not them.

Maybe the Admin of the server can see what everyone is watching but not general users. Not sure if this makes sense or if it's possible.

Cheesegeezer

If i can re-iterate to everyone that Channels does not really allow the granular control that you are all requesting.  (That is what i'm experiencing) .  A channel is installed on the server and then admins can allow users to see it or not based on their library permissions.  But everyone can see that content that is allowed.

If a channel is created it just needs to populate content.  I can categorize to help navigation, but i thought there was some wizardry in them, however they are the most simplest of plugins to create and very little control.  once the Refresh Channels task runs thats it.  There is no conditional access, no logical conditions while the user is interacting.  The are populated and boom that's your channel.

Junglejim
2 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

If i can re-iterate to everyone that Channels does not really allow the granular control that you are all requesting.  (That is what i'm experiencing) .  A channel is installed on the server and then admins can allow users to see it or not based on their library permissions.  But everyone can see that content that is allowed.

If a channel is created it just needs to populate content.  I can categorize to help navigation, but i thought there was some wizardry in them, however they are the most simplest of plugins to create and very little control.  once the Refresh Channels task runs thats it.  There is no conditional access, no logical conditions while the user is interacting.  The are populated and boom that's your channel.

Ok, thanks mate. I think the best use case it to manually disable it for general users and have it for admin only.

Cheers. 🍻

Cheesegeezer

Thinking along these lines.

But this would be a good direction for the channel and give some flexibility for the admins

image.png.ad51a73420eb33f260781e32e1334531.png

• Like 2

Dibbes

Cheese, is there a way to get a tick-box here too? Some users don't necessarily have to have access to this...

image.png.bbc2bc70287eed3646dc2c8a5885ab8d.png

Edited by Dibbes

Cheesegeezer
14 minutes ago, Dibbes said:

Cheese, is there a way to get a tick-box here too? Some users don't necessarily have to have access to this...

oh, hmmm, let me see why it hasn't already been added.  I probably need to inheret from something.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
2 hours ago, Dickydodah! said:

@Cheesegeezer You did it for the security cameras plugin if it helps 😁

i don't see either on my screen... only Trailers or all.

so you can see my channels installed.  

image.thumb.png.a3b717bda668b364b446a6b6fe39b0aa.png

but i only have the option to disable these in the user settings

image.png.8fc59f682ec7c5b93fcb7e9e7632e985.png

Cheesegeezer
5 minutes ago, Eigeplackter said:

Is it possible to show just the season someone watched, not every single episode ? 

Hmmm nope....  because the time line and intensity of a show would be useful to other users.  if you watched one episode one week and then another episode the next month, but showed only a season poster, it's different to a user spending all sunday cramming in 12 episodes of a show because they are engaged.

Just now, Dickydodah! said:

I'm running 4.7.11.0 not the beta so maybe that's the issue

Untitled.jpg

i'll check out my main server on this.  Thanks Dicky!!

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer

Dicky... it's a beta thang bud

from my main servver on 4.7.11

image.png.f56f323fa37eea225909c48c51e43e9f.png

• Agree 1

Dickydodah!

That should save you a bit of time 😁it's a bug in the beta

Just beat me to it, only a two finger typist

Edited by Dickydodah!
  • Haha 1

Cheesegeezer
3 hours ago, Dibbes said:

dibs you need to do the following.  Revert back to Release version 4.7.11 or wait for offical release of the next server. 4.8.1.  See above comments

• Sad 1

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, Dibbes said:

Thanks Cheese... I'll wait. Going back gives me all kinds of other issues

No worries, i am gonna revert my dev system back to 4.7.11 and test out some features. 

i will then come back to 4.8.0.21 and update the nuget package to use the beta servers architecture. This might fix quite a few problems. This next emby release is gonna be big i feel. They have depreciated quite a lot of old code. So i will have to maybe put the beta release on the forum here to side load this channel.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...