Real-Debrid integration with EmbyServer

Electroman121

Electroman121

Hi All,

Please excuse my ignorance if this has already been asked but hoping someone can provide some input as I did not seem to find anything in the forum searches.

First - I LOVE Emby so far and am new to the licensed Emby world and thank you so much to the developers of this great product! The interface is fantastic and I love the fact I can also use the M3U plugin and integrate my live stream IPTV service into Emby from a single interface. Along those lines I am also a Kodi user and I use Real-Debrid within Kodi to give me my links to better quality / confirmed streams for my streaming options.

I would love to be able to have Emby have a plugin that would allow for Real-Debrid to be directly integrated (similar to how you did M3U) in the same interface. As i don't want to have to download so much content it is easier to simply live stream like the IPTC service at times. I thought possibly the EmbyforKodi was the answer but it seems to be the reverse of what I am looking for.

Is there any possibility this will be looked at / currently being worked on for debrid services integration? Alternatively a plugin that allows me to run Kodi in the background and simply utilize the existing debrid configuration / links directly into Emby would also be another option.

Again - thank you for the great product!

Cheers,
Darryl

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, I've never heard of Real-Debrid.

I reckon you'd wanna stay away from it - or if a plugin was developed, keep it out of Catalogue.

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Agree 1

Electroman121
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, I've never heard of Real-Debrid. @Spaceboy have you?

Hi Luke,

It's a payware service that gives you access to private hosters which provide links to download media / audio files. They have been around for many years. Many of the default links for downloading media in Kodi directly are often lower resolution or do not work. The Real-Debrid hosts many of the same media / audio files on private hosters with higher resolution / quality - and the links are reliable and work as they are private.

@GrimReaperWhy stay away from them? Have you never used them before.

GrimReaper
53 minutes ago, Electroman121 said:

Why stay away from them? Have you never used them before.

Oh, I have - hence the advice above. Knowing very well what kind of content it is vastly used for, which apps and apks offer integration with it, issues Emby faced with Google relatively recently and Amazon's restrictive policies - distancing from any debrid provider (Real-Debrid, AllDebrid, Premiumize or any other) would IMHO be very wise from business standpoint. 

Electroman121
3 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Oh, I have - hence the advice above. Knowing very well what kind of content it is vastly used for, which apps and apks offer integration with it, issues Emby faced with Google relatively recently and Amazon's restrictive policies - distancing from any debrid provider (Real-Debrid, AllDebrid, Premiumize or any other) would IMHO be very wise from business standpoint. 

I see...and this is different than M3U integration for IPTV services that have similar such challenges? I mean it's all good to pick and choose but I see similar challenges already with that existing plugin which is why I asked but all good. It would be a nice to have but not necessary.

• Agree 1

Hi.  M3U is a well published standard for delivering playlists of media and is used for many purposes throughout the industry.  We support that standard.  It does not seem that we would want to support this format similar to how we do not support any torrent integration.

Thanks.

• Like 1