NFO info not loading, and getting replaced

0v3rl0rd

0v3rl0rd

Hi all. 

I have the emby server installed on my RPi4. RPi4 is accessing the movie files from my QNAP server. 

I have a few libraries set up, amongst which these two: 
- movies 
- tv series 
- cartoon 
- cartoon series 

Everything worked perfectly until yesterday. 
Under "cartoon series" I added a new series: Abby Hatcher. The series is a webrip from a streaming service, and it consists of 3 seasons: 
s01 - 26 episodes 
s02 - 20 episodes 
s03 - 6 episodes 

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9433014/episodes?season=1
THETVDB: https://thetvdb.com/series/abby-hatcher#seasons
THEMOVIEDB: https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/85422-abby-hatcher/seasons

The correct naming is the one from IMDB - both TVDB and MOVIEDB have incorrect naming & numbering of the episodes. 

My filenames are like following: 

abby_hatcher_s01e01_strah_od_macaka_&_kuharica_skocka_1080p_skysho_webdl_pipi_conv
abby_hatcher_s01e02_kad_je_abby_upoznala_bozzlyja_&_zurka_furka_posvuda_1080p_skysho_webdl_pipi_conv
abby_hatcher_s01e03_mo_i_bo_u_snijegu_&_otis_nije_u_funkciji_1080p_skysho_webdl_pipi_conv
abby_hatcher_s02e01_cijevi_za_pistavce_&_abby_je_izgubila_naocale_1080p_skysho_webdl_pipi_conv
abby_hatcher_s02e02_vrijeme_za_igru_s_boom_i_moom_&_mrgud_je_otisao_niz_odvod_1080p_skysho_webdl_pipi_conv
abby_hatcher_s02e03_sitni_simo_je_sitnuljko_&_mo_i_bo_i_nestali_put_gumba_1080p_skysho_webdl_pipi_conv
abby_hatcher_s03e01_mo_i_bo_glavom_o_glavu_&_abby_i_igraliste_na_krovu_1080p_skysho_webdl_pipi_conv
abby_hatcher_s03e02_rascvjetali_bend_na_turneji_&_abbyne_stare_igracke_1080p_skysho_webdl_pipi_conv

Although the filenames are in CROATIAN, as You can see, it's numbering is consistent, and as it is supposed to be (s01e01, etc). 

When I added the series to emby, it pulled the names from THEMOVIEDB. Since the episode naming is incorrect, i manually edited all 53 NFO's: 26 from season 1, 20 from season 2, 6 from season 3, and the one called "tvshow.nfo"). What I did, is, added the IMDB references for each and every episode, for example, for episode one I added this to NFO: 

<title>Afraid of Cats & Chef Curly</title>
  <sorttitle>Afraid of Cats & Chef Curly</sorttitle>
  <imdbid>tt9483196</imdbid>
  <uniqueid type="imdb">tt9483196</uniqueid>

In the attachment You can see those NFOs - I think that the NFO structure is valid - correct me if I'm wrong. 

What I did few times is:
I did a "Scan Library Files" after replacing the NFOs with the correct ones - nothing changed. 
I tried restarting Emby Server - nothing changed. 
And when I do a "refresh metadata" - it overwrites the NFOs again with the wrong info. 
Tried deleting the "abby hatcher" folder > refresh the library > restart Emby > copy back the folder > rescan. And the same problem reappears. 

Seems to me like emby server has the wrong NFO metadata stored somewhere and just keeps reverting back to those somehow. 

The funny thing is, I did the same thing two days ago, just with another series (Baby Shark's Big Show) - I manually added the NFO's and, after a "scan library files" it worked without any problems. 

What am I missing? Any help appreciated. 

EDIT: for those wondering why I don't install emby server on the QNAP - QNAP has no internet access for security reasons. RPi4 does have internet access. 

abby_hatcher_NFOs.zip

Edited by 0v3rl0rd

GrimReaper
8 minutes ago, 0v3rl0rd said:

What am I missing?

You should disable all meta-providers in your library settings, import series and lock it, afterwards re-enable library scrapers.

0v3rl0rd
14 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

You should disable all meta-providers in your library settings, import series and lock it, afterwards re-enable library scrapers.

By "lock" You mean what:

1) each and every episode mark as "locked" in emby, 

2) each season mark as "locked" in emby, 

3) mark the whole series as "locked" in emby 

4) add this to every NFO:   <lockdata>true</lockdata>

Thanks

GrimReaper
10 minutes ago, 0v3rl0rd said:

By "lock" You mean what:

1) each and every episode mark as "locked" in emby, 

2) each season mark as "locked" in emby, 

3) mark the whole series as "locked" in emby 

4) add this to every NFO:   <lockdata>true</lockdata>

Whichever method you prefer, having <lockdata>true tag in NFO is basically same as clicking it in the UI; at which level you will lock item is entirely up to your preference, as locking will prevent any further metadata change whatsoever.

0v3rl0rd
33 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Whichever method you prefer, having <lockdata>true tag in NFO is basically same as clicking it in the UI; at which level you will lock item is entirely up to your preference, as locking will prevent any further metadata change whatsoever.

OMG, it kept reverting back, but this time to filenames... 

The only episodes that were correct were the ones with a "single" title. For those with double titles (two episodes per file) it kept reverting, for example: 

FROM THIS: "<title>Afraid of Cats & Chef Curly</title>"

TO THIS: "abby_hatcher_s01e01_strah_od_macaka_&_kuharica_skocka_1080p_skysho_webdl_pipi_conv" 

The problem was the AMPERSAND ("&") - I didn't know that it shouldn't be in the NFO. When I changed all the "&'s" to the "/'s", everything works again... 

Such a simple problem gave me a headache for more then 7 hours of troubleshooting... -.-' 

Anyway, thank You for helping :)

Edited by 0v3rl0rd
  • Like 1

GrimReaper

I can recreate:

image.thumb.png.c0a459eb975c3a855f4552d0712083b1.png

image.thumb.png.7c4e0742f806bec33429458fc66be779.png

@Luke, above is the result after initial import of series with properly formated NFOs (and all library meta-scrapers disabled) containing both valid <title> and <sorttitle> tags, seems like a bug in NFO parser.

abby_hatcher_s01e01_strah_od_macaka_&_kuharica_skocka_1080p_skysho_webdl_pipi_conv.nfoabby_hatcher_s01e02_kad_je_abby_upoznala_bozzlyja_&_zurka_furka_posvuda_1080p_skysho_webdl_pipi_conv.nfo

Happy2Play
4 hours ago, 0v3rl0rd said:

The problem was the AMPERSAND ("&") - I didn't know that it shouldn't be in the NFO. When I changed all the "&'s" to the "/'s", everything works again... 

Yes as I believe it is a xml standard.

image.png.9fa796f04d658e8925e3de6d820f48ba.png

<title>Afraid of Cats &amp; Chef Curly</title>

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Agree 1

GrimReaper
4 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Yes as I believe it is a xml standard.

<title>Afraid of Cats &amp; Chef Curly</title>

I suppose you're right:

In XML, there are only five built-in character entities: &lt;, &gt;, &amp;, &quot; and &apos; for <, >, &, " and ' respectively

I've always thought that <title> tag is read as-is, absolute, guess it ain't. 

Edited by GrimReaper

Happy2Play

@GrimReaper And the server log pretty much says the same.

2023-01-13 12:37:15.147 Debug App: Saving nfo metadata for C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\TV Shows - nfo\Abby Hatcher\Season 1\abby_hatcher_s01e01_strah_od_macaka_&_kuharica_skocka_1080p_skysho_webdl_pipi_conv.strm to C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\TV Shows - nfo\Abby Hatcher\Season 1\abby_hatcher_s01e01_strah_od_macaka_&_kuharica_skocka_1080p_skysho_webdl_pipi_conv.nfo.
2023-01-13 12:37:15.157 Error App: Error reading existng nfo
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.11.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Stable\system\EmbyServer.dll
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.25276
	Framework: .NET 6.0.10
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/Media/Desktop/Stable/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Stable\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Stable\system
	System.Xml.XmlException: System.Xml.XmlException: An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 7, position 26.
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, Int32 lineNo, Int32 linePos)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.HandleEntityReference(Boolean isInAttributeValue, EntityExpandType expandType, Int32& charRefEndPos)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Skip()
	   at NfoMetadata.Savers.BaseNfoSaver.AddCustomTags(String path, List`1 xmlTagsUsed, XmlWriter writer, ILogger logger, IFileSystem fileSystem)
	   at NfoMetadata.Savers.BaseNfoSaver.Save(BaseItem item, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, Stream stream, String xmlPath)
	Source: System.Private.Xml
	TargetSite: Void Throw(System.Exception)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

I suppose you're right:

I've always thought that <title> tag is read as-is, absolute, guess it ain't. 

It has to be valid xml, otherwise the parser will fail to make it through the entire file.

• Thanks 1