Help and workflow inputs for the Folder Sync Plugin

Anderella

Anderella

Hi, @cayars

as I'm still dealing with stuttering playback on bluray-mkv's (with subtitles ON), also on my new bought fire-tv 4k, I'm thinking about using the Folder Sync Plugin for my bluray rips.

I tried a lot, but still have some questions and things I couldn't figure out, appreciate help:

1) I tried all possible export settings/profiles (original, mobile, TV and custom)

Is there a chance to modify/add a new profile, which also - besides reducing video and audio bandwith - processes and keeps all existing subtitle tracks from the source mkv-file?

(My concerning MKV-files are bluray-rips with all my preferred audio and subtitle tracks (all german and english tracks))

2) In the plugin description it says that playback (for example on fire-tv) will automatically select the best "version", without need of re-encoding during playback.

Is this still true or referred to previous versions of emby? (As I can and have to select the playback version via dropdown field before playback on my device)

3) Is there any way to kind of force mkv playback with forced subtitles?

Do I need to rip the forced subtitle separate? (And can you recommend a software (on osx) to do that?)

I would love, if forced subtitles are shown during playback by default.

(Basically I use MakeMKV to rip my media, but didn't find an option to extract "just" the forced subtitles. - Thx for hints)

4) After naming and saving the display-name and the path in the plugin, is it possible to change that naming and path-location afterwards?

(Thanks for a possible way to achieve this without having to "re-rip" the converted movies)

5) As there's an option in the plugin to automatically convert new added movies, is there a possibility to modify the "NEW" movie tag?

(As I would like to convert all my bluray movies, a workaround for movies in my bluray folder would help a lot:)

Thanks for help.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

1) You can convert files using custom choices/parameters but there is not a way to save a custom set of parameters as a new profile. Saving all audio and all subs is possible in the future but not currently a choice.  For advanced conversions you may want to check out TDARR or Unmanic.

2) Different clients will choose the best version to use but it's still possible to not have a version that will direct play. (ie all version you have are 3Mb or higher but client is set to use a 2Mb stream which would require transcoding due to the lower bitrate required.

3) Check out the options you can set on each client for subtitles:
image.png

4) I'm not sure what plugin you are specifically referencing but it's likely possible.  If you change locations you would probably need to manually move all existing files from the old location to the new location or you could orphan them.

5) I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Could you elaborate?

Carlo