Recordings ending early

cncb

On 9/1/2023 at 10:31 AM, Luke said:

It’s 4.

So the ffmpeg re-try is only going to last 26 seconds?!? A “delay_max 4” is a fraction of the recommended “delay_max 127”. Will Emby start trying to reconnect after the 26 seconds? 

Edited by iiiJoe

On 9/1/2023 at 10:31 AM, Luke said:

It’s 4.

On 9/2/2023 at 1:08 PM, iiiJoe said:

So the ffmpeg re-try is only going to last 26 seconds?!? A “delay_max 4” is a fraction of the recommended “delay_max 127”. Will Emby start trying to reconnect after the 26 seconds? 

@Luke?

On 9/2/2023 at 1:08 PM, iiiJoe said:

@Luke ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2023 at 3:18 PM, groenator said:

I can confirm I have the same issue. Some recordings stop to record.

Can someone help?

recording.txt 197.46 kB · 0 downloads

Looks like maybe timeouts at the end of that log? In any case, this example could potentially be improved in the upcoming 4.8 server release. Thanks.

groenator
15 hours ago, Luke said:

Looks like maybe timeouts at the end of that log? In any case, this example could potentially be improved in the upcoming 4.8 server release. Thanks.

I appreciate your feedback! I have reviewed the beta release notes for version 4.8 and it seems that several issues have been addressed in this update. Could you please provide me with the expected release date for version 4.8?

Not sure if this is related or should be a new thread, but I've also been experiencing issues with recordings only lasting anywhere from 1-35 minutes, when they are scheduled for 120 minutes (and the stream doesn't end since they're 24/7 movie channels).

I've confirmed with my vendor that they use MPEGTS output format by default, and I also just moved my transcoder directory to a larger drive to be safe. Attached are the logs from a recent recording failure, which started at 2023-10-20 10:00:00 (line 588 of embyserver.txt).

If I should be bumping up delay_max as well, let me know :)

Much appreciated

ffmpeg-directstream-7797c587-ae1b-462b-8d71-df9fa378bc1a_1.txt embyserver.txt

Spaceboy
43 minutes ago, tech37 said:

Not sure if this is related or should be a new thread, but I've also been experiencing issues with recordings only lasting anywhere from 1-35 minutes, when they are scheduled for 120 minutes (and the stream doesn't end since they're 24/7 movie channels).

I've confirmed with my vendor that they use MPEGTS output format by default, and I also just moved my transcoder directory to a larger drive to be safe. Attached are the logs from a recent recording failure, which started at 2023-10-20 10:00:00 (line 588 of embyserver.txt).

If I should be bumping up delay_max as well, let me know :)

Much appreciated

ffmpeg-directstream-7797c587-ae1b-462b-8d71-df9fa378bc1a_1.txt 17.05 kB · 0 downloads embyserver.txt 616.16 kB · 0 downloads

can you watch these streams without any buffering at all? in almost all of these cases its a hiccup in the stream and emby doesnt handle these very well. get a reliable stream and emby is fine

11 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

can you watch these streams without any buffering at all? in almost all of these cases its a hiccup in the stream and emby doesnt handle these very well. get a reliable stream and emby is fine

Thanks for the quick reply, and yes this particular channel needs to buffer every now and again. Is there any way I can increase Emby's tolerance with the hiccups, or do we know if Emby's handling of them will be improved in the upcoming update?

If not, does anyone use a supplementary tool that handles recording a stream more robustly? I love Emby in every other way, but the recording live TV has been unreliable