Recordings ending early

cncb

The last 2 NFL games I have recorded have not recorded the full game.  The last one (1/3 Monday night game) only recorded 1 hr 52 minutes of the scheduled 4.5 hours (1-hour end padding).  Both times I watched some of the game while it was recording so I don't know if that contributed to the recording problems.

embyserver-63808300800.txt

MBSki

My NFL games are starting late. I'm only getting the 2nd half or 4th quarter of the game. 

@cayars Any ideas what might be happening in these examples? 

On 1/9/2023 at 6:32 PM, cncb said:

Any ideas what happened?

I had a similar problem when my Transcoding temporary path: got full (recordings stop, then the recording temp files are cleared).

Note: This path is currently used to store temporary live recordings and transcoding files...

image.png.df13258bd5733533ccfe287910ca9e2d.png

try moving it to volume with more free space (even if it's slower).

Edited by TMCsw

3 hours ago, TMCsw said:

I had a similar problem when my Transcoding temporary path: got full (recordings stop, then the recording temp files are cleared).

Note: This path is currently used to store temporary live recordings and transcoding files...

Thanks, but I don't think this was my problem because it is set to use a folder on my recording drive which has a lot of space.

Can someone from Emby please comment on what happened here?  If I cannot count on it to record the whole program, I cannot count on using Emby as a DVR.

On 1/3/2023 at 3:10 PM, cncb said:

The last 2 NFL games I have recorded have not recorded the full game.  The last one (1/3 Monday night game) only recorded 1 hr 52 minutes of the scheduled 4.5 hours (1-hour end padding).  Both times I watched some of the game while it was recording so I don't know if that contributed to the recording problems.

embyserver-63808300800.txt 2.94 MB · 6 downloads

You had one recording start at 12:59 for College Football. Channel 289311 WJLA for Cheez-It Citrus Bowl LSU vs. Purdue
   Stopped recording at 5:30pm

At 8:20 you had a recording start for NFL football Buffalo Bills at Cincinnati Bengals.
This was set to record for 240.65 minutes which would be 4 hours
Log shows recording complete at 10:23 which is only 2 hours, 3 minutes

Immediately following was an error sending message that timed out trying to talk to  https://fcm.googleapis.com/fcm/send

I do see other errors trying to send messages.  Have you configured incorrectly some type of notification to be sent to you ?
It could be a dropped stream that Emby would restart but due to the error from sending message doesn't continue.

Can you test and fix or remove any notifications you have setup?

Carlo

Edited by cayars

emveepee

That is Firebase, sometimes included in Android apps for monitoring.  Ideally this should not be enabled by Emby by default.

Martin

Eigeplackter

I'm having the same issue. 1 out of 4 programmed recordings worked today.

Rest ended early 2 min, 32 mins, 35 min and 1 went full 105mins.

Can send log via dm.

2 hours ago, emveepee said:

That is Firebase, sometimes included in Android apps for monitoring.  Ideally this should not be enabled by Emby by default.

Strange.  It doesn't make sense that the client would have any effect on the server recording?

• 1 month later...

Do you have a fix for this?  I recently had a basketball game only record 16 minutes when it was scheduled to record for 2.5 hours.

2 hours ago, cncb said:

Do you have a fix for this?  I recently had a basketball game only record 16 minutes when it was scheduled to record for 2.5 hours.

Can we look at another example with the server log file? Thanks.

2 hours ago, cayars said:

Were these all 4K streams from your HDHR tuner?

Yes.  It could be a coincidence, but I also have only had this happen on long sports recordings with post padding.

11 hours ago, Luke said:

OK if it happens again please attach the emby server log. Thanks !

I will try, but having to babysit a DVR is not ideal to say the least (constantly hoping/checking that recordings are not short).  Did the first log I shared not show anything?  What about the Firebase issue that @emveepee noted?

For now as a precaution, you could also record the normal version which will be in 720 or 1080.
That could also serve to see if both streams show the same issue or if it's just the 4K stream.

Carlo

• 5 months later...

This happened again with 2 recent World Cup recordings.  Unfortunately, I guess I can't rely on Emby for TV recording so will have to move on.

MBSki
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, there are some improvements to this in the upcoming 4.8 server release. Thanks.

Thanks Luke. Can you provide a little more detail on what changes were made?

On 8/20/2023 at 7:25 PM, MBSki said:

Thanks Luke. Can you provide a little more detail on what changes were made?

The changes were based on the findings that are discussed here: 

• Thanks 1