Collections & Removing from main browser

admings
Go to solution Solved by DarWun,

Hi All,

New to "Emby" but I am a long-time "Plex" user.

One of the features I really liked in Plex when browsing say the "Movie" library, was that any movies I have added to a collection, i.e. "James Bond", will not be shown in the main browser.

In Plex there is a simple tick box to say "Dont show in main library".   So the end result will be that all my James Bond movies, are in a separate collection and therefore wont be shown when browsing the main Movie tab.

Is there  such an option in in Emby?   after all the point of Collections (to me) is to have them in a separate area to my main Movies.

Appreciate any help on this.   Thanks

Hello admings,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

• Solution
DarWun
20 minutes ago, admings said:

Hi All,

New to "Emby" but I am a long-time "Plex" user.

One of the features I really liked in Plex when browsing say the "Movie" library, was that any movies I have added to a collection, i.e. "James Bond", will not be shown in the main browser.

In Plex there is a simple tick box to say "Dont show in main library".   So the end result will be that all my James Bond movies, are in a separate collection and therefore wont be shown when browsing the main Movie tab.

Is there  such an option in in Emby?   after all the point of Collections (to me) is to have them in a separate area to my main Movies.

Appreciate any help on this.   Thanks

When viewing the Movie library, select the three "dots" at the top of the screen to access the settings. There is an option to "Group items into collection".

Screenshot_20221228_104008.png

• Thanks 2

I had been searching all day for that setting, looked everywhere except that location you indicated...... I will be able to sleep peacefully now 🙂    it was driving me insane.

Many thanks for taking the time to respond..